Converse's Team Update, Sept 25
We are one team, with one mission, to be our best together!
Celebrations and "family/team" updates!!!!
- Join me in wishing happy birthdays all throughout the week; on Tuesday to Elaine Sweet, on Thursday to Ruth Davies, and on Sunday to Jami Maynus. Happy, happy, happy birthdays!
- Thanks for the staff members who provided a great birthday lunch last Friday. I heard it was yum-o!
- Celebrating Deb McFarland staying with a kdger in behavior boogie who needed to be cautious due to just getting a cast off. I so appreciate the extra care Deb provided her and especially Deb's dance moves. Thanks, Deb!
- A giant thanks to Stacie Hensely and Alissa Jourdan on working together to do something out of the ordinary to benefit a student! Great team work team!!
- I heard second grade had a fancy, Fancy Nancy day last Friday and appreciate all the kdg./1st grade efforts for Apple Day(s). Thank you all for helping make some fun school memories while learning!
- Sept. Lounge Clean up Crew: Kindergarten staff.
- Make sure each week to click on the calendar link below to see other upcoming events.
- This week we begin focusing on the pillar of Responsibility and our Character Play of: Bring your game to school.
- All staff, if you haven't viewed the two health videos, please do so within the next week or two. Remember to initial the staff roster in the workroom when this is completed. Thanks! (The videos are: AED and Bloodborne pathogens.) They are located on the website under staff, employee health plan.
- There will be a Nelson’s Port-a-Pit Chicken dinner before the Oak Hill – Mississinewa varsity football game on Friday October 9th. The meals will be served at the high school cafeteria from4:30-6:30. Carry outs will also be available. Tickets are $10 through September 29th. All tickets purchased after September 29th will cost $12 per ticket. Tickets may be purchased from any Girl’s Basketball player in grades 7 through 12 as well as at the high school office. Come enjoy a great meal and help support your Lady Eagles Basketball Program!
- Two safety items... (1) Two panic buttons were installed this week. One under Katie's desk and one in the workroom. Both will immediately contact the fire and police stations. Anyone may use them if/when needed. The one in the workroom is behind the K-Time computer. (2) During a fire drill please remove the eraser from your door. You might put a big post it note on your classlist and crisis response guide that you take with you during an emergency. Thanks!
- Teachers, please try to get your goals in Standard for Success by Friday of next week. Thanks.
Pathways of Progress
Teachers, check out the video connected to the link below. It is a new resource that aligns to Dibels. It could be helpful to you with setting your goal as it provides percentages to indicate how likely the type of progress you are shooting for is with each student based on his/her BOY results. Kristen has offered to do a quick training for everyone so I will schedule that asap.