Peek at the Week
January 9, 2015
Harbins Science and Social Studies Fair--Time to Start Projects!
The 2015 Harbins Science and Social Studies Fair is coming! This year's fair will be held on March 12 at 6:30 PM. This is an exciting event that encourages students to think like young scientists and historians! All of the forms and information your child needs to participate in this event can be found on the Harbins website under the "Forms" and "News and Celebration" links. If your child is participating, here are a few important dates to remember:
Tuesday, January 13th - Intent to Participate forms due to the front office.
March 2nd - March 4th - Projects Due
March 12 - Science and Social Studies Fair @ 6:30 PM
Car Rider Friendly Reminders
As the new year begins, it's a good time to remember some of the car rider safety procedures. Thank you for you cooperation to insure the safety of all our students!
- Cell phone use is not permitted while vehicles are loading, unloading or moving.
- Please note limited bus lane accessibility and adhere to the times. 7:30am-8:30am and 2:30pm-3:30pm are designated times for buses only.
- Please use the car rider lane during the hours of 7:45am - 8:10am. Supervision begins at 7:45am, so do not let children out of the car prior to the 7:45 a.m. bell.
- At 8:10am, parents will need to drive to the front of the building, park and come in the building to check in/sign in their student.
- Please plan to pick up your child between 2:50pm and 3:10pm. Transportation changes must be in writing and should be sent to the front office prior to 2:00 p.m. each day. You may Fax these changes with a copy of your photo ID to the office. (FAX #770-682-4285) E-mails are not accepted, and changes cannot be made at car riders.
- Official Harbins issued car riders’ numbers must be displayed in the front window of your vehicle at all times. Duplicate numbers are available in the front office from Mrs. Latimore.
- If you do not have your Harbins car tag, you will need to park, go to the front office, and show picture ID to pick-up your child.
Parent information of NAEP Testing for 4th grade students.
Attention Parents of 3rd, 4th & 5th Grade Students
Preview of Questions on the State Health Survey
SAFE AND DRUG-FREE SCHOOLS and COMMUNITIES SURVEY (Grades 3-5)
Preview of Georgia Elementary School Climate Survey Questions
Students will mark one of the following choices for each question:
“always, often, sometimes or never”
- I like school.
- I feel like I do well in school.
- My school wants me to do well.
- My school has clear rules for behavior.
- I feel safe at school.
- Teachers treat me with respect.
- Good behavior is noticed at my school.
- Students in my class behave so that teachers can teach.
- I get along with other students.
- Students treat each other well.
- There is an adult at my school who will help me if I need it.
If you want to be sure that your student gets a copy of the 2015 yearbook, we strongly encourage you to order your book now. We sell out of books every year, and considering our higher enrollment numbers, we are certain that trend will continue. As of now, we only have 250 books left to sell. Don't delay!
Order your special Harbins 20th Anniversary Yearbook today!