RA Long High School Newletter
Quote of the Week
Do it NOW. Sometimes "later" becomes "never."
RA Long Upcoming Events
- To Be Rescheduled: Seniors vs. Staff Volleyball
- November 22; Band Concert 7pm- Auditorium.
- November 23: EARLY RELEASE for Thanksgiving Holiday Break.
- December 2-3 Madrigal Dinner - Pre-Paid Tickets
- December 13: Winter Choir Concert
- December 17 Winter Ball 9pm-11pm (Pre-Paid Tickets and Dance Passes Needed for Guests outside of RA Long HS)
- December 21 Early Release
- Winter Break December 21-January 3
- January 16: NO SCHOOL - Martin Luther King Day
- January 25: NO SCHOOL - Semester Break
34 School Days Until the End of Semester 1 !!!
Saturday School Opportunities Coming Soon from 9am-11am
Need Support, Assistance, Quiet Space, and Time?.....
* A list of participating teachers will come out the Thursday prior to the Saturday School date.
- December 3
- December 10
- January 7
- January 14
Girls Bowling - October 31 - February 4
Boys & Girls Basketball - November 14 - March 4
Boys Swimming - November 14 - February 18
Boys & Girls Wrestling - November 14 - February 18
Cheer - October 31 - End of last sport competition
All athletes are required to complete the online registration (link below) and have a current sports physical on file with the ASB Office.
For a full tutorial on the Family ID registration, please visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQdNIy4k3r8
For additional information regarding Athletics at RA Long, visit our Athletics page at https://ralong.longviewschools.com/activitiesathletics/athletics
High School Juniors and Seniors Needed as Outdoor School Counselors
If you are interested, see Mr. Reeves or send Mr. Reeves an email email@example.com
expressing your interest.. **More details to come.
All Things RA Long Athletics--Click link below
RAL DRESS CODE
DRESS CODE- applies to EVERY student taking a class at RA Long
The dress and appearance of students is the direct responsibility of the parents. School attire should reflect an academic focus and help maintain a safe and healthy school environment. Student appearance should be neat and clean and the body must be covered from the top of the shoulder to below two inches above the knee. If in the judgment of school officials dress or appearance is disruptive, the student will be required to change into appropriate clothing or will be sent home for insubordination. Team uniforms & spirit days must comply with administrative guidelines. The following rules apply to both genders:
- No under garments showing (including sports bras)
- No spaghetti straps, backless, strapless, halter-tops, crop tops, half-shirts, low-cut tops, one-shoulder, off-shoulder or see-through clothing
- Skirts/shorts must be no more than two inches above the knee (even with leggings).
- Cuts/slashes/fraying must also occur below the fingertip line
- Any rips that show skin must be no more than two inches above the knee.
- No sagging or bagging—pants must be pulled up
- No pajamas (tops or bottoms), slippers, costumes, blankets, or capes(flags)
- No displays (messages or pictures) that are vulgar, obscene, profane, violent, drug/alcohol/tobacco related, affiliated with gangs, discriminatory or demeaning to any person due to race, religion, ethnic group, gender or sexual orientation (including the Confederate flag or swastikas)
- No hats, bandanas, hairnets, head wraps, pulled-up hoods or sunglasses (exceptions for approved medical or religious reasons) If a hat is taken from a student, it will be returned on Friday after school. Hats are not to be seen in any classroom or in the hallways at any time.
- No unsafe jewelry such as spikes, long chains, etc.
Be sure to call the Attendance Office @ 575-7113 for all absences.
Leave a voice mail stating clearly the student’s name, date, and reason for absence.
Please remember to bring photo identification when picking up
your child for any appointments
Mr. Reeves INSTAGRAM principal_reeves
Mr. McCabe Athletics/Activities INSTAGRAM AD_RALong
Tag photos w/ #RALPride