Tech Tuesday! November 17th
Tech tips to keep you informed
Google tip 1 - Converting to Drive/Docs
- Lets say you have a folder on your H drive: "Benchmark 1 resources".
- Go to your Google Drive
- Click NEW - Folder Upload
- A pop up will appear - find the folder from your H drive/flash drive etc and select it.
- Let it go to work - depending on how big the folder is, it may take some time. When done, that folder will now be a folder in your Google Drive.
- Open the file - if it is word format there will be a "W" in the upper left hand corner.
- Click FILE - "Save as Google Docs" and the file will be converted.
- The new file should be saved in the same folder.
It may sound complicated but its only a couple clicks. Once complete all your old "stuff" can be added to Google Classroom and shared with students with ease. Do it slowly through this year and you won't have to again.
Twitter Tip - "Chats"
FMOT (Follow me on Twitter)
Marialice Curran (@mbfx) - Marialice is one of the most energetic people I've ever met. She is an associate professor at Saint Josephs College in East Hartford Connecticut where she has been a leader in pushing the ideas of Digital Citizenship and getting students to lead the charge. She is also co-founder of the #digcit chat. Check her out!
Remember that using tech in the classroom looks very different and thats OK. Try it and you might be surprised!