Jefferson County Junior High School
Mr. Alphonso Larry
Dear Students and Families:
On behalf of everyone at Jefferson County Junior High School, it gives me great sadness to acknowledge the loss of one of one of our cherished staff members, Mr. Alphonso Larry. Our condolences go out to his family and friends, and we pray for strength and comfort to all who mourn his loss.
During his tenure at the Jefferson County Junior High School Mr. Larry gave service, sacrifice, compassion, and a commitment to all day to day tasks. He took pride in his job and fulfilled his duties with honor. His positive outlook on life was most admirable, even contagious.
His passing has deeply affected us all. The Jefferson County Junior High School family will certainly miss him. He will be fondly remembered by all of us as a caring, compassionate, and committed individual who loved his job and colleagues.
Services will be held on Saturday, October 31, 2020 for 11:00 a.m. at Hollywood Baptist Church.
LeTina Guice, Principal
“EYE of the T.I.G.E.R.”
Teamwork: Collaborating with peers for social emotional/academic growth.
Innovation: Inspiring critical thinking and limitless curiosity.
Growth: On-going learning.
Every Child: Accepting Diversity and Personalized Learning Experiences.
Relationships: Promoting Social Emotional Skills for Positive Interactions between students, teachers, and parents.
Dates to Remember:
Junior High Reflections from Past to Present:
- Teachers have received Professional Development to assist in technology usage, curriculum aspects, on the 21st of October.
- Crisis Management sessions have been conducted and a Fire Drill was conducted on the 22nd of October with Hybrid students and SRO. Drill was completed and rated Successful.
- Temperature check points, supplies for faculty and social distance labeling throughout the building has been completed and Hybrid students are doing an excellent job in following the new routines and procedures.
- ELA Textbooks have been purchased and are now being distributed to students.
- Students have personal district emails to communicate with teachers please make sure to email your teacher if you have any questions.
- Canvas is currently implemented for students to retrieve and submit assignments. This information is recorded in real-time. Also, ZOOM sessions are recorded in real-time daily.