Contemporary Issues in Cultural Diversity
Welcome to our Latino presentation backchannel. Share comments, give feedback, and ask questions during the presentation using this resource.
PBS has developed a documentary project featuring over 100 Latino interviews to chronicle the rich and varied history and experiences of Latinos, who have helped shape North America over the last 500-plus years and have become, with more than 50 million people, the largest minority group in the U.S.
(Austin Business Journal)
The Multi-Generational Family
The Educational Plight
- 62.2% - Percentage of Hispanics 25 and older that had at least a high
school education in 2010
- 3.6 million - Number of Hispanics 25 and older who had at least a
bachelor's degree in 2010
- 1.1 million - Number of Hispanics 25 and older with advanced degrees in
2010 (e.g., master's, professional, doctorate)
- 6.2% - Percentage of students (both undergraduate and graduate students)
enrolled in college in 2010 who were Hispanic
- 23.2% - Percentage of elementary and high school students that were
Hispanic in 2010 (US Census Bureau).