Following Figure 19 - Reading for Meaning Workshop
January 19, 2016 / San Antonio, TX
- Developing meta-cognition strategies needed for reading
- Critical Genre Knowledge
- Engaging & Authentic instructional ideas
- Three C's of Reading
- Close Reading
- Critical Reading
- The Gradual Release of Reading Responsibility
- Inferencing strategies & practice activities
- Technology tips & activities for reading and writing
- Building reading fluency and comprehension through the use of music
- Lesson Planning Tips
- Using data to plan instruction
- Instructional Strategies for Developing and Deepening Comprehension
- Reading Responses with Rigor
- Making Connections That Lead to Understanding
- Analyzing Author's Craft Ideas
- Summarization Strategies
- Student-generated Questioning Techniques
- Ways to Help Students Monitor Their Comprehension
- Using YouTube as an instructional tool
- Anchor Charts for Comprehension
- And Much More!
Meet the Presenter
Check Out Kelly Harmon's New Book!
Kelly Harmon & Robert Marzano teamed up to writePracticing Skills, Strategies, & Processes. The book is part of the Essentials for Achieving Rigor Series.
Practicing Skills, Strategies, & Processes: Classroom Techniques to Help Students Develop Proficiency explores explicit techniques for mastering this crucial strategy of instructional practice. It includes:
- Explicit steps for implementation
- Recommendations for monitoring students’ ability to develop fluent thinking
- Adaptations for students who struggle, have special needs, or excel in learning
- Examples and non-examples from classroom practice
- Common mistakes and ways to avoid them
"Wonderful workshop! Wish we had another day to learn even more!"- Jennifer, TX
"Very informative and engaging seminar!" -Sarah, TX
Comprehension Strategies Workshop
Tuesday, Jan. 19th, 8:30am
850 Halm Boulevard
San Antonio, TX
8:00am - 8:30am Registration
8:30am - 11:30am Morning Session
Lunch is on your own.
12:30pm - 3:30pm Afternoon Session
Wifi is provided
B.Y.O.D. (Bring Your Own Device)
6 Hours of Professional Development
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Register 3 or more staff members and receive a 10% discount. ($175 per person)
Principals & Assistant Principals attend FREE with the registration of 3 or more staff members.
You can register by Faxing, Calling, or Emailing your registration form in.
Purchase Orders are accepted.
Please Make Checks or Purchase Orders out to
Kelly Harmon & Associates
Call (817) 583-1290
Fax (972) 369-7327
For more Information please contact us today!