From The Wellness Committee...
Leighanne Geibfor being selected as winners and congratulations to all the other participants who successfully met their weight loss goals.
Do you have ideas for a Wellness program or is there something you would like to see featured in the Wellness News? Please consider joining the Wellness committee for the 2016-17 school year or share your ideas in the comment section of the newsletter.
12 oz. box whole-wheat penne pasta
2 16-oz. bags frozen spinach
1 T. olive oil
8 oz. package sliced mushrooms
2 3.8-oz. cans sliced black olives
1/2 c. sun-dried tomatoes
minced garlic to your liking
1/2 c. pine nuts
- Cook pasta as directed, then drain.
- Place spinach in a colander and run under cold water until thawed. Press out water and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet and saute mushrooms, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic and pine nuts for 10-15 minutes, until mushrooms are cooked.
- Add spinach to the sauteed mixture.
- Combine pasta with sauteed mixture and cook for an additional 5 minutes
Orzo Salad with Zucchini and Feta
8 oz. orzo
3 T. Olive Oil
3 tsp. white wine vinegar
1/2 t. crushed red pepper
3/4 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
3-4 small zucchini cut into think half-moons
8 oz. feta, crumbled
1/4 c. chopped fresh dill
- Cook orzo as directed and drain under cold water to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine oil, vinegar, red pepper, salt, and pepper. Add zucchini and let marinate, tossing occasionally, for 20 minutes.
- Add orzo, feta, and dill to zucchini mixture; toss to combine.