The Coach's Corner
Keeping Taylor Teachers in the Know- January 11-15
Tuesday- 1st grade (Visit from Liz Gomez)
Wednesday-Kindergarten (Heather off campus at Curriculum Writing)
Thursday- 5th grade
Friday- 4th grade (visit from Liz Gomez)
Thank you so much for jumping into mid year assessments! Please let me know if you would like for me to help with DRAs in your classroom. I am more than happy to help! Send me an email with times and I'll be there.
The video below is a Kindergarten teacher using the Box of Facts for Number Talks!
Updates from Curriculum Department:
* The Advanced Math Learner contract has been loaded for 4th grade cluster 3.
* MSTAR is available for 5th grade students. Remember, this is just a screener (similar to Istation for ELAR) and can be used to track growth from the beginning of the school year.
*ESTAR will not be available this year for 2nd grade. It was originally set to take the place of the TEMI but technology has interfered and we will try again next year!
5th Grade MATH Professional Learning: 1/14/16
We are looking forward to our PD via Google Hangout with all 5th grade Math teachers participating (including special program teachers and administrators). Below is a list of some housekeeping items that need to be communicated to 5th grade teachers prior to the 14th:
1. Workshop Registration: All participants will need to register on Workshop by the 14th at https://sweduphoria.friscoisd.org/wshop/default.aspx. Please make sure special program teachers know about this as well.
2. Google Form: All registered participants will receive credit for the course once they complete a couple reflection questions. The form will be sent to participants through workshop email the day of the PD (that is why it's important they are registered).
3. Google Hangout: The PD will be conducted through the tool Google Hangout. One teacher will be the spokesperson for the team when we are interacting. Feel free to pull up on the projector. Liz will help with setting-up the team with Google Hangout before the PD date. Anyone participating in the PD needs to be together in one room since we have a limit on the number of computers that you can use Google Hangout at one time (Heather's room.)
4. Representation Handout: please give the 5th grade teachers the Representation handout (attached in link above) to read before the professional learning.
Reading Cluster 6 will be posted on January 22nd for grades 3-5.
Stephanie Harvey Blog
Stephanie Harvey has posted her presentation from her visit to Frisco:
Professional Learning - 7:20-8:20 - Admin Training Rooms
- Kindergarten - April 1, 2016
- First Grade - March 25, 2016
- Second Grade - March 18, 2016
- Third Grade - February 26, 2016
- Fourth Grade - February 19, 2016
- Fifth Grade - February 12, 2016
We will celebrate the successes teachers have had with implementing the ELAR cluster pre-assessments and the utilization of that data in developing common formative assessments. Teachers will need to bring (1) an example of how they have used the ELAR cluster pre-assessments to create CFAs and (2) a technology device.