Week of May 13-17
14th - Pancakes, Waffles, Sausage or Chicken biscuit
- LAST DAY FOR CHESS CLUB! Chess Club: 3:45-4:45 (April 9 - May 14) **Please remember to change your student's arrangements in School Dismissal Manager to "After School Activity" for EACH Chess Club meeting.
- 5:30-6:30 New Family Open House - families that are being redistricted from their current HSE elementary school to NBE are welcome to come visit and tour NBE
iPad Collection FAQ
- WHAT NEEDS TO BE RETURNED?
All students will return their rented HSE iPad and cases.
- WHAT ABOUT CHARGING BRICKS AND CORDS?
Rented cords and bricks will not be collected. If you are a new renter, you are welcome to keep the rented cord and brick that were issued to you. Repeat renters for 2019-20 and beyond will not receive a new cord and brick. You may use the one initially provided to you or you may provide your own.
- WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO PREPARE THE IPAD FOR RETURN?
We ask that families follow the directions in the link below to prepare the iPad for return. It is important that families follow all steps in the link. It is important that families DO NOT erase/reset the iPad on their own. HSE must verify that the iPad has been signed out of their Apple ID before the iPad is reset. Any apps that have been downloaded under the student or family’s iTunes account will remain yours in the cloud and can be downloaded again onto another device if the same iTunes account is used. Please note, if during the collection process we find that your student’s iPad still has any passcodes still active in Settings, the iPad will be returned home in order for you to remove them properly.
- WHAT IF THE IPAD IS DAMAGED? WHAT ARE THE FEES?
Upon collection, the iPad and case will be checked for any obvious visible damages. A more thorough inspection will later assess the working condition of the iPad and case and images will be taken to document such damage. Any damage to the iPad and/or case will result in fees being assessed to the student’s account. Following inspection, the iPad will be erased of all content and stored for the summer.
Sample fees that could be applied to the student’s account:
- Missing iPad case (or damaged where it cannot be reissued) - $49.95
- Cracked or severely scratched screen - $79
- Other damage (i.e., bent housings, broken headphone jack or loose video cable) - $79
- Liquid damage to the iPad or other damage to the iPad beyond repair - $294
- Lost, missing, or unreturned iPad - $294
- WHAT IF MY CHILD IS ABSENT DURING COLLECTION AND DOES NOT TURN IN THEIR DEVICE?
If your child is absent during collection and it is after May 24th, you may return your device and case to the Administration Building, 13485 Cumberland Rd., Monday-Friday between 7:30am and 3:30pm.
We appreciate your assistance with the return of this equipment.
Hamilton Southeastern Schools