Sacred Heart Catholic School News
November 14, 2022
Winter is Here!
Please try to put your child's name on all clothing including SHCS pullovers. We find clothing in the gym, lunchroom, library, etc. and we would love to return to the owner rather than putting in the lost and found. If your child is missing something, check out our lost and found located on the lower floor by the lunchroom.
1. When your child needs to leave school early for an appointment, etc. PARENTS MUST COME IN TO THE SCHOOL TO SIGN THEM OUT. Your child will be waiting for you by the school office.
2. Wreath pick-up: November 17-18 12-6 pm Fr. Pedersen's garage.
3. Turkey Bingo--Join us on November 18 5:30-7:00 pm. All welcome.
4. Order your early bird gala tickets and save $15.00 a ticket.
Volunteer HELP needed---We are in need of volunteers this week!
1. Volunteers needed for Turkey Bingo on November 18th from 5:30-7:00 pm
2. Volunteers needed for Wreath Pick-up especially on Friday! November 17-18 from 12-3 pm and 3-6 pm.
Wreath Pick-up: November 17-18 12-6 pm
We are looking for volunteers to help with pick-up both days from 12:00-3:00 pm and 3:00-6:00 pm. Please go to SignUp to volunteer to give us a call.
Gala 2023 February 10, 2023 Check out what is NEW at our gala this year!
New to the Gala this year:
- Discount code: From now until January 2nd you can use code earlybird to get $15 off your ticket at checkout. Tickets are $65 but with the early bird rate, you can purchase a ticket for $50.00! What a deal!
- VIP Tables: We are selling VIP tables this year. VIP tables will be a reserved table for 8 people near the stage. VIP perks; complimentary wine and water pours at dinner, sponsorship tables and VIP tables will be first in line for dinner hosted by Miltons.
- Teachers' Tickets: Please consider sponsoring a teachers' ticket with your purchase. Selling these tickets will help immensely with covering event costs, while enabling our teachers and staff to attend the event for free! Let's show the teachers how much we appreciate them. Teacher tickets will be $45.00.
Do you own a business or know of a business that may sponsor our gala?
We have sponsorship levels of $5000, $2500, $1000, and $500. The details are listed on our One Cause website under the Sponsorship Opportunities tab. Please contact Zach Fimon, Director of Advancement, or Karen Bursey, Principal, at email@example.com or call 763- 285-6256 for any questions or interest concerning sponsorships.
We need help with the following:
1. LIVE AUCTION ITEMS: Looking for cabins or condo, trip tickets, concert or golf tickets, Twins/Wild/Vikings tickets, hosting a dinner for a group of people, etc. Please contact Karen.
2. Sponsorships: We are looking for businesses to sponsor our event. We have a variety of levels of sponsorships. Maybe you own a business or your place of employment would sponsor our gala. Letters coming soon.
3. Silent Auction baskets: We will be releasing a list of silent auction baskets that you may donate to our auction. All baskets are due January 15th.
Congratulations to Mrs. Hippen and Mrs. Barbatsis!
2023 Readers' Choice Awards from Sun Media
BEST PRIVATE SCHOOL, Sacred Heart Catholic School, Crystal & Robbinsdale.
Angie Petit of Sacred Heart Catholic School was named Best TEACHER by our Crystal & New Hope readers!
Karen Bursey of Sacred Heart won BEST PRINCIPAL by our Crystal, New Hope, Robbinsdale Readers.
BEST PRESCHOOL, Sacred Heart Catholic School, New Hope & Robbinsdale.
SACRED HEART CATHOLIC CHURCH won BEST VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL in Crystal & Robbinsdale.
Christmas Programs in December
1. 3 and 4 year old Pre K: Thursday, December 15th at 5:15 pm.
The 3 and 4/5 PreK students have their program the same night as K-8 but it will be at 5:15 pm. Please arrive at 5:00 pm. We will sing songs and everyone may stay for pizza, beverages and/or cookies. Watch for an invitation. Then families may choose to attend the K-8 program at 6:15 pm in the gym.
2. Grades 1, 3, 5, and 7: Thursday, December 15th 6:15 pm.
The Sacred Heart Christmas production of "Babes in Toyland" is fast approaching! Grades 1,3,5, and 7 are performing for the school at 12:20 and for family and friends at 6:15 on Thursday, December 15. Please have the seventh graders be at school that night at 5:15 with costumes ready to go so we can practice any last minute things. Grades 1,3,and 5 should arrive by 6:00 to meet their teachers in the Marion rooms. All involved have been working really hard, looking forward to it!
3. Band/Orchestra Concert-Tuesday, December 6 at 6:30 pm. Join us for a night of beautiful music by our band and orchestra students. It will definitely put you in the Christmas mood.
Please join us for bingo. This is a great family event for young and old!
Santa's Workshop: December 8-9
Volunteers Needed:Santa’s Workshop is December 8th and 9th and Santa’s elves are needed to help students shop, wrap gifts, and collect money. 5 volunteers are needed for each morning and afternoon shifts on both days, please sign up to help in person or to send refreshments for Santa’s elves.
What is Santa’s Workshop?
Santa’s Workshop provides students Pre-K 3 through 8th grade the opportunity to purchase Christmas gifts for their loved ones. Each family will receive an envelope with gift tags to help their student create a shopping list by filling the gift tags out. You’ll return the envelop with money and the gift tags for your student to shop. Gifts range between $1 and $8 and students will be helped to stay within their budget. We want all students who want to participate to be able to do so, so a Saint Nicholas fund is established to help all students participate. Envelopes will be sent home after Thanksgiving.
Where do the funds go?
Santa’s Workshop is PTC’s biggest fundraiser. All funds raised go directly back in to the school to support student activities and treats and teacher appreciation gifts and meals, among many other PTC initiatives. We appreciate the continued support for this wonderful event!
2:10-3:00 pm Sterling Karate
6:00 pm SAC Meeting
Picture Retake Day--3 yr PreK, Students that missed photos in October (Students having their photo taken may be out of uniform)
Wreath Pick-up 12:00-6:00 pm (at Father's garage behind the school)
8:00 a.m. School Mass
Wreath Pick-up 12:00-6:00 pm (at Father's garage behind the school)
5:30-7:00 pm Turkey Bingo
November 22 End of Trimester 1
November 23-25 No School
December 2 Report cards available online
December 3 Sacred Heart Tree Lighting following 4 pm Mass
December 6 Band/Orchestra Concert 12:45 pm/6:30 pm
December 8 Immaculate Conception Mass 8:00 a.m.
December 8-9 Santa's Workshop
December 9 School Penance Service 10-11 am. Grades 3-8
December 15 Christmas Program 6:15 pm
December 20 All-school caroling at end of day
December 21-January 3 Christmas Break
Special Marathon Lunch
Peace of Mind Session with Dr. Jules-November 16 - 7pm
"Technology and Social Media”
November 16 at 7 p.m.
The use of social media and technology is one of the most popular areas of concern for parents of children and adolescents. How much is too much? How do we keep our kids safe online? What about the constant social comparisons? This session will focus on the latest research on use of social media and technology. It will also help us understand the relationship between brain development and what drives the need to feel connected online as well as those areas of big concern like pornography and algorithms that target adolescent vulnerabilities. Parenting tips will be offered.
Aim Higher Scholarship Application Open---2023-2024 School Year
1. Create an account or login to an existing one.
2. Begin filling in the application.
3. Near the end, add your child(ren)'s name when it asks if you'd like to be considered for the Aim Higher Foundation scholarship(s).
4. Submit the application.
Fliers attached at the bottom of the the newsletter (English and Spanish)
VOLLEYBALL TOURNAMENT- November 10-12
We are hosting the girls Varsity Volleyball tournament for the league on November 10-12. Many hands are needed to make this event successful (especially on Saturday!!). Please consider signing up to get your school volunteer hours. If your student plays a sport you can use it for your athletic volunteer hours. Click on the link below to sign up. If you have any questions, or can't open the link, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and I will get you signed up!!
School Volunteer Opportunities ready on SignUp
Bingo -November 18 Need bingo caller, sell bingo cards, refreshments
Wreath Pick-up November 17-18 Need volunteers to help with pick-up 12-3 pm or 3-6 pm.
Join our PTC group
Garden Club for SHCS
School SignUp Link-
Do you want to volunteer in the classroom? Parents must complete the Essential 3
The Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis requires the Essential 3 for volunteers who work with students in Catholic schools or parishes. All employees must also complete the Essential 3. ****Cell phones do not work well for Essential 3 and you will receive an error message. Please use a computer.
You may complete all three requirements online at www.virtusonline.org
1. Log in to create your account and watch the Virtus awareness session online. Every 3 years, a new video will be assigned to your account.
2. Successfully complete a background check.
3. Sign a Code of Conduct.
****The Archdiocese requires all volunteers to renew the Essential 3 requirements every 3 years. You will receive an email message when your account is up for renewal.
Box Tops---Help us earn extra cash
The new and improved Box Tops mobile app uses state of the art technology to scan your store receipt. Find participating products and instantly add Box Tops to our school's earnings. We earn 10 cents for each Box Top along with Bonus points. Simply scan your receipt on your phone and Sacred Heart earns money.
Find the Box Tops for Education app and search for Sacred Heart by our zip code---55422.
Sacred Heart Catholic School Mission Statement
Sacred Heart Catholic School is committed to instilling high moral standards rooted in Catholic teachings. We are dedicated to educating the whole child through an integrated C-STEM curriculum. In collaboration with our families, parish, and local community, we maximize individual potential to ensure students are prepared to meet the challenges in the world as disciples of Jesus.