April 27, 2015
I hope you had an enjoyable weekend. I think we were all ready for one. Hopefully, the rain washed away some of the challenges of last week and sustained the celebrations :)
I had a wonderful weekend. I had the pleasure of joining many of our students and a few staff members at the Fabulous Fox to watch Audrianna Bartholomew's outstanding performance in the St. Louis Teen Talent Competition. She was awesome! In addition, I was privileged enough to eat lunch with Emily Coonrod and her family in Columbia, MO. She was one of the Missouri 100 Scholars (Miles Theis was, too, but he could not attend).
We are very fortunate to work with the great kids at FHN. Thank you so much for all that you do to make our school such a wonderful place to grow and learn.
- Congratulations to Miles Theis and Emily Coonrod for being selected for Missouri Scholars 100.
- Congratulations to the Band on a wonderful dinner concert. Great talent!
- Congratulations to Speach and Debate Team on winning 4th in state in Reader's Theater.
- Marygrace Cole and Caleb Black took 8th in Duet Acting in the Missouri State Speech and Debate Competition.
- Zoe Lawson took 4th for US Extemporaneous Speaking in the Missouri State Speech and Debate Competition.
- AJ Porter took 6th in Radio Broadcasting in the Missouri State Speech and Debate Competition.
- Congratulations to DECA for competing in Nationals.
5 QUICK FACTS ABOUT A COLLEAGUE
Jordan Steffens – World Languages
- This is my third year as a Spanish teacher in the district.
- I graduated from Francis Howell High School in 2000.
- My wife, Beth, and I have been married for five years. We have three great kids; Jason, Christian and Nina.
- I studied at the University of Florida for three great years and then graduated from UMSL. I studied in Madrid, Spain for an academic year during college and it was a great experience.
- I also worked in New York City for a non-governmental organization. I do love the Big Apple, but I don’t get a chance to visit often. My family loves to do road trips in all directions and we like to camp.
I nominate Anne Freeman.
As we prepare for the ACT on 4/28, I wanted to share some updated information. Please pass along to your students as well.
· There will be no bells on 4/28
· There are posters throughout the building of where our 2nd floor teachers are being relocated; one is attached as well. You can also share or show this link, which is being tweeted and texted out to FHNToday followers, to see relocated rooms:
· Juniors should be returning to class around 1:00
· Juniors are to report to their homerooms at the beginning of the day (see locations below as all junior homerooms will be on the 2nd floor)
Gittemeier, Erica (Manfull)
Lamb, Daniel (Freeman)
· Please be visible in the hallways as much as possible between classes to help direct students; if you could also remain in the halls a little into your conference hours, that would be extremely helpful as well
AP tests will take place from May 4, 2015 to May 15, 2015. Stephanie Johnson has sent out information regarding testing via email.
As everyone should have heard by now, next year Infinite Campus will have a new look and a new gradebook. Please make sure your teachers are aware of this change.
IT has created a new Staging Site to allow everyone to take a look and get a feel of the new system. Click here or use the links on the home screen of Infinite Campus, and then log in as you typically do. For teachers, your current class rosters and grades are loaded into the system as well. To give you an idea of how the system will look with real data, IT has loaded in your current classes’ students, assignments, and grades into the system so you can see how everything will look next year. Please take a look around and check out the Teacher’s Guide to the New Grade Book that Carl Wayne put together to help smooth the transmission.
App of the Week
Capture is a free app that works with Youtube. This app allows you to directly push any video into your Youtube channel.
- The following link provides tech updates:
- The following link explains the difference between onedrive and a team site (Sharepoint) and when it is appropriate to save data to each of them: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Should-I-save-my-documents-to-OneDrive-for- Business-or-a-team-site-d18d21a0-1f9f-4f6c-ac45-d52afa0a4a2e?ui=en-US&rs=en- US&ad=US