NRES STAFF NEWSLETTER
May 4 - 8, 2015
Teacher Appreciation Week
I Want To Be Like You
Thank you, teacher,
for being my life's role model.
When I consider all you've taught me
and reflect on the kind of person you are,
I want to be like you—
smart, interesting and engaging,
positive, confident, yet unpretentious.
I want to be like you—
well-informed and easy to understand,
thinking with your heart as well as your head,
gently nudging us to do our best,
with sensitivity and insight.
I want to be like you—
giving your time, energy and talent
to ensure the brightest possible future
for each of us.
Thank you, teacher
For giving me a goal to shoot for:
I want to be like you!
By Joanna Fuchs
All at-risk students are eligible for summer school as well as students in TIER 2 and TIER 3. This week ISTs will be identifying these students to send home summer school applications.
Teachers, please contact the parents of eligible students by email or phone about the application documents going home this week.
Here is the timeline from the district:
- Monday, May 4th Campuses begin sending home summer intervention registration information.
- Monday, May 11th Due date for parents to return application to campus AP.
- Wednesday, May 20st Campus APs send completed applications and updated Spreadsheet to appropriate Summer Intervention Program Principal.
- Wednesday, May 27th Campus APs send home confirmation letters and Transportation information to students who will be attending the summer intervention program.
- Monday, June 8th First day of summer intervention programs!
Out with the old and in with the new
Proclamation 2015 includes:
Grades K-5 – Pearson – myWorld Social Studies (English & Spanish)
Grades K-4 – Music – McGraw Hill – Spotlight on Music & Quaver
Grades K-4 – Davis (print edition) Explorations, Arts Attack
OUT OF ADOPTION PROCESS:
- Gaylord boxes (4’x4x’4x) will be delivered (first 2 weeks of May) to campuses along with pallets, please put boxes on top of pallets before filling boxes.
- Have students or staff dispose of materials in the following way
- All student textbooks, workbooks, and any teacher editions that DO NOT have a spiral binding in 1 box
- All other materials including ancillary items will go in another box
- If your campus has other instructional materials that you want to dispose of, please feel free to take advantage of using these boxes for that as well using the above directions. Please clear with campus principal and coordinator of that subject.
Please start gathering your student textbooks and ensuring all of them are accounted for. During the last two weeks of school textbooks will be taken to the ISTs' room. Please locate your Reading and Write Source books. We are aiming to have $0 in lost textbooks this year.
Reminders and Expectations!
May 4: Register for Keller University in EDUPHORIA after today!
May 5: Science Night
May 8: Last day for student checkout. PLEASE DO NOT ASSIGN ANY PROJECTS THAT NEED LIBRARY BOOKS AFTER May 8th.
May 11: Eduphoria SML Refresher 3:30 p.m.
May 13: Career Day
May 15: FHMS Traveling Show @ 1:30 p.m. (all grades)
May 15: All library books returned to Library. Students will NOT be able to participate in Field Day unless their library account is CLEAR.
- May 19: PTA Yearbook Signing
- May 21: 4th Grade Program
- May 26: Eduphoria SML Refresher 3:30 p.m.
June 2: Kindergarten and 4th Grade Graduation
Homework Reminder: Don't forget to bring a sample of MENTOR TEXT to Session 3 of Make Up PD Training.
May 4-15: Grades 3-4 AIMSweb EOY Testing Window
Resigning from a Respective Employment Contract
All contracted employees under a Probationary, Continuing or Term Contract, as per Board Policy DFE (Legal), may resign from their respective employment contract without penalty by filing a written resignation not later than the 45th day before the first day of instruction for the 2015-16 school year. This year’s deadline is July 10, 2015. Because the resignation deadline date occurs during the time that the district will be closed, resignations must be hand delivered to Human Resources by close of business on Thursday, July 9, 2015 (4:00 p.m.) or mailed USPS and postmarked by July 10, 2015.
NRES ATTENDANCE AND SPIRIT STICK WINNERS!
The spirit stick attendance winner will be the classroom with best unexcused attendance. In case of a tie, the classroom with the least number of tardies will be recognized. In the event tardies are the same then the number of students in the class will be the deciding factor.
Kinder: Ms. Hernandez
First: Ms. Fitzgerald
Second: Ms. Rogish
Third: Ms. Manjarrez
Fourth: Ms. Baldwin
Answer the Question, Please!
"I am concerned and basically burned out trying to get my students to walk in one line during dismissal. We were all required to have one line leading out to students proper spots to sit as they are dismissed to parents be it through "walkers", car riders or parents walking up to pick up their child. I am one voice and it is hard that when I am leading and the students follow the PBIS guideline for dismissal, but the next day another teacher leads and they go back to running and talking and dismissing without checking in with their teachers before leaving. I am one voice and I feel that I shouldn't stress myself to the point of making myself sick when others do not bother having students walk in the line or just let them talk and run at dismissal."
In order for any system to work, all parts of it need to be working as well. PBIS Guidelines for Success is a system in which all staff members, students and community need to be consistent in following and applying the expectations. Thank you for sharing your concern!