The Brooklyn Buzz
October 4, 2019
Friday, October 11, 2019 - NO SCHOOL
IN THIS EDITION:
- Summary of the week
- Junior Hurricette's - Makeup Game
- Book Fair
- 7th Graders - Immunizations
- Emergency Medical Forms/Contact Information
- Brooklyn Birthday Club
- Expectations at Football games
- Drop off/Pick up times
- Drop off/ Pick up procedures
- Important Dates
- Contacting Brooklyn School
Summary of the week/upcoming information
We had a lot of participation in our spirit week! It was awesome to see all the school spirit and all the heroes and fathers whom walked kids to school. We appreciate the time taken to make walking to school special for our kids. We had spectacular weather for walking to school this past week. A special thank you also to Mrs. Paul and Mrs. Marquis for coordinating the events. We concluded our Pennies for Patients fundraiser and I will share out the total collected next week.
Thursday, October 10th we will have conferences, please watch for information from your child's teacher. The book fair will be held all week in the library, more information below.
Thank you for all your support and commitment to Brooklyn School!
Mrs. Cristin Cicco
Junior Hurricette's - Half Time performance RESCHEDULED
Rescheduled Junior Hurricette Performance is Friday, October 18, 2019 at 7PM at the BHS football stadium.
Book Fair is here all week
The book fair will be in the library all week. Students will have the opportunity to visit the book fair during the day. It will also be open at Parent Teacher Conferences.
No cash on hand the day of your Scholastic Book Fair? No worries – our school offers Book Fair eWallet as a digital payment option. Simply set up a free account and have funds immediately available for your student to shop the Book Fair. Safe and secure – it’s easy shopping with Book Fair eWallet. Click the link below to access and set up your eWallet
Grades Pk-3, book fair link and eWallet
Grades 4-7, book fair link and eWallet
Here is the website for the book fair flyer sent home to PK-3 graders.
7th Grade Immunizations
If your child is in 7th grade, please make sure all immunization requirements have been met and the form has been filled out and turned in.
Here is the information regarding the requirements and the form that needs to be filled out and returned to the school. Please contact Brooklyn School with any questions.
ONLINE Emergency Medical Authorization/ Contact Forms
Students will not be permitted to participate in field trips and other important school activities if the emergency medical information is not updated.
We are using an online Emergency Medical/Contact forms. Please go to the Brooklyn Schools Home page. There is a big gold link in the middle of the homepage - Click Here to Update Medical Forms. This needs to be filled out for all students, as it includes information for student contact information and more. These forms have to be filled out on a computer or tablet. You will not be able to fill this form out on your phone.
Current Brooklyn Families:
Go to the parent portal site: https://brooklyn.esvportal.com/
Create an account if you do not have one. How to create an account
Once you create an account, link your students to your account. (Note: Students can only be linked to one parent account. Please create only one account per household)
Once linked, you will be able to update your student(s) EMA and Demographic information and submit it to the district.
F.A.S.T will start up again, starting October 7, 2019 at 5:15. The fall session will last 8 weeks. Our coordinators are still looking for families to join this family focused group.
What is F.A.S.T...
- Improve children’s behavior and academic performance;
- Strengthen families and empower parents;
- Help schools succeed by increasing parent engagement and improving learning climate; and
- Increase social capital by building positive relationships between parents, families and schools.
If interested, click this link and print the flyer. You can send the flyer into the school and give to the office.
Football Season is in the air - please read to see our expectations of students at the games.
- Students will sit in the student section unless they are sitting with a guardian.
- Students will not run behind the stadium.
- There is no playing football or other sports in the grassy areas.
- No backpacks are allowed at the games.
- No profanity allowed at the games.
- Don't walk on the track.
- Brooklyn students are not allowed on the visitor's side.
- If you leave the game you can't come back in.
- Make sure that your ride picks you up on time.
School Hours - Arrival Times and Departure Times (Kindergarten - 12th)
The doors will open for students beginning at 7:30 each school day. Please plan accordingly when dropping off your child in the morning. School starts at 8 am. Breakfast will be available from 7:30 am to 8:00am. Please see the drop off procedures below.
Students will be released from class to depart at 3:11 pm. Please see pick up procedures below.
School is in session from 8:00 am to 3:11 pm.
If we have no record of the child being out of school you will receive an automated call.
If students have appointments, please get a doctor's note and send in with them when they return to school.
Drop Off/Pick Up procedures
3 Lots - Blue, Gold & White
Grades K - 3 ~ BLUE LOT drop off and pick up
Grades 4-7 ~ GOLD LOT drop off an pick up
Grades 8-12 ~ WHITE LOT drop off and pick up (students from the high school will not be permitted to cut through our school to pick up siblings, they can meet them at the exit for the white lot.
To assist in the flow of traffic, we are asking that students be dropped off and picked up based on the oldest child.
For example ~
- If your oldest child is in grades 8-12, use the WHITE LOT in the back of the HS to drop off and pick up all children in your family.
- If your oldest child is in grades 4-7, use the GOLD LOT at the main entrance of the PK-7 building to drop off and pick up all children in your family.
- If your oldest child is in grades K-3, use the BLUE LOT off of Behrwald Avenue to drop off and pick up all children in your family.
PTA News and Updates
Brooklyn School Kalahari Fundraiser
Thursday, January 2, 2020 ONLY $129!!
October 8th - Renkas and Foley's homerooms to the fire station
October 9th - Borrowy and Hovan's homerooms to the fire station
October 10th - PTA fundraiser kick off
October 10th - October 24th - PTA Fundraiser
October 10th - Conferences (3:30 - 9 pm) Teachers will reach out to families, closer to the date
October 11th - No School
October 18th - Early Dismissal
November 12th - PTA fundraiser pick up
Contacting Brooklyn School Personnel
Attendance Line ~ (216) 485-8171
- When reporting your child off, please include: first and last name of the child, grade, reason for absence, who is reporting the child off and a number you can be reached.
Mrs. Cristin Cicco ~ Principal
Ms. Lara Smith ~ Assistant Principal
Mrs. Annie Bir ~ Guidance Counselor (Grades 4-7)
Mrs. Denise Smith ~ Guidance Counselor (Grades PK-3)
(216) 485 - 8173
Mrs. Laura Paul ~ Brooklyn School Secretary