FBA News & 2018/19 Season Line-up
Newsletter July 2018
- FBA Welcomes New President
- 2018/19 Season Schedule
- The Future of work is NOW
- New Season Sponsors
- Event Photo Galleries
- Member News
- Welcome New Members
- FBA Mission & Vision
- Become a Member
- Join us on LinkedIn
- See your Board of Directors
- Contact Us
- Tips for Recruiting in Hot Market
- 2018/19 Season; Save the Dates
- Membership Fees
- FBA Non-Solicitation Policy
FBA Welcomes New President
Trevor McCall is the new FBA President. We wish Oliver Sommer, Past-President, our best with his move to Vancouver to fill the role of National Director of Category Development with Black Press.
Get Ready for A New Season of Dynamic Programming
2018/19 Program Schedule
Mark your Calendar!
All events are catered - enjoy the food, company & topic!
Watch for news on registrations.
See the bottom of this newsletter for a downloadable Event Dates page.
- Thursday, September 13, 2018, 5:30-8:00 pm, AGM & Member Appreciation, wine tasting & vineyard tour at Rathjen Cellars. Mike Rathjen & Colin Mann hosts with transportation provided by Wilson's Transportation.
- Wednesday, September 19, 2018, 5:30-8:00 pm, The Future of Work is NOW, trends that shape the future of work by Rocky Ozaki, Co-founder of Now Innovations.
- Thursday, October 25, 2018, 5:30-8:00 pm, Emotional Intelligence, Is there a direct correlation to your bottom line results? by Kerry Brown, Success Biz Coach.
- Thursday, January 17, 2019, 5:30-7:30 pm, Ambitions, Extreme Goals & Risks, fireside chat by Andy Spurling, Proline Management & Stewart Story, Story Construction.
- Wednesday, February 13, 2019, 5:30-8:00 pm, Family Business Excellence (FBE) & Young Entrepreneur Awards, recognizing excellence. Nominate deserving candidates.
- Thursday, March 14, 2019, 5:30-8:00 pm, Family Business Stories, learn from the experience of other family businesses. Panelists: Bruce Mullen, Jusu; Andy Spurling, Proline Management & John Wilson, Wilson's Transportation.
- Thursday, May 9, 2019, 5:30-8:00 pm, Workplace Stress & Wellness, tips for productivity by Jennifer Wilson, Canada Homestay Network.
- June 2019, date & times TBA, Year-end Social: Celebrating the Role of Family Business in the Economy, HarbourCats game on Hop-On Hop-Off bus hosted by Wilson's Transportation.
New Season Highlight
The Future of Work is NOW
Wednesday, September 19, 2018, 5:30-8pm @ Uplands Golf Club
Special Offer - Tickets for everyone: $55 (plus GST)
Rocky Ozaki, the co-founder of NoW Innovations, will simplify, in a compelling way, the reasons the Future of Work has arrived. He will walk us through what the "NoW' looks like and what any family business can do to future proof their business. Rocky brings decades of research, experience and inspiring stories of success to a keynote that will resonate with all types of business owners.
Are you ready!
New Season Sponsors
Special THANK YOU to the many valued sponsors who committed 30.5K in cash and in-kind support for our 2018/19 season starting September 1, 2018.
Business Examiner; CIBC
Country Grocer; Country Grocer @
Salt Spring; Hothouse Marketing
Bank of Montreal; Capital Iron; Dwyer Tax Lawyers; NKPG;
Proline Management; Reed Pope Law & Story Construction
Butler Bros.; Canada Homestay International; Don Mann Excavating;
Durwest Construction Management; Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites;
K.P.M.G. LLP; McCall Gardens; Monk Office; Pajo’s Restaurants;
Rinald Tax Advisory; Schibli Stedman King Chartered Accts.;
Serenity Home Care; Success Biz Coach & Wittich Environmental
Event Photo Galleries
Recruiting & Retaining Top Talent
click photos to enlarge
Year-end Social: Celebrating the Role of Family Business in the Economy
Click photos to enlarge
L to R: Brian Rimmer, Gail Gordon & Paul van Koll
L to R: Garfield Linford, Rick Pipes & Janet Docherty
L to R: Donna Dangerfield, Susan Benesch & Kathy Tough
Welcome New Members
FBA - your business family.
To promote the sustainability and growth of Vancouver Island business families by providing education and support through
community and shared experience.
We are an engaged and supportive community of vibrant Vancouver Island business families and advisors who connect, share ideas and learn from each others’
Our organization has been providing a community of support to family businesses on Vancouver Island since 1999. We help families in business succeed through shared experience, education and resources. FBAVI is where Canadian business families go to connect, grow and learn for sustainable success across generations.