Wolf Pack Press
Mt. Angel Middle School Newsletter
School Events & Important Dates
11/22: Evening Conferences (4:30-7:30pm)
11/23: Conferences (7:30am-7:30pm)
11/24-11/26: Thanksgiving Break (No School)
11/29-12/10: Holiday Food & Toy Drive
12/7: Early Release (Students release at 1:00pm)
12/13-12/17: Winter Spirit Week!
12/17: Winter Assembly
12/20-12/31: Winter Break! (No School)
Fall Conference Update
Parent-Teacher conferences are almost here! This is a great opportunity to see how your student is doing and meet with your child’s teachers. This year we will be providing conferences both virtually (via Zoom) and in-person. Conference times are available as follows:
Monday, November 22nd4:30 – 7:30pm
Tuesday, November 23rd7:30 – 11:00am
12:30 – 3:30pm
4:30 – 7:30pm
If you would like to schedule a virtual conference (via Zoom), please click on the following link to schedule via Calendly.
Directions for scheduling your student’s virtual conference:
- Click on the teacher Calendly link in the excel spreadsheet
- Select November 22nd or 23rd in the calendar
- Select a time, which is located on the right side of the screen
- Click Confirm
- Enter your name and email address
- Enter the name of your student
- Click Schedule Event
- You have successfully scheduled your virtual conference!
If you plan to attend conferences in person, please do not schedule via Calendly. You are welcome to arrive during any of the conference times listed above to meet with your child’s teachers.
To access your conference via Zoom:
1. Access the meeting invite via email and/or text reminder
- The subject line should read: Invitation: Your name and your student’s teachers name @ the date and time you choose
- Example Invitation: Jane Doe and Teacher @ Monday, Nov. 22, 2021 3:30 pm - 3:40 pm (PST)
2. Scroll down and click on a Zoom link that looks similar to the one below:
- Example Link: us02web.zoom.us/j/8509329086
At this point, you have entered your student's advisory teacher's waiting room. The teacher will admit you to the meeting when they are ready to begin.
You may also access via telephone. To do so, please dial 1-253-215-8782.
- You will be prompted to enter the Meeting ID Number (Meeting ID #'s by Teacher), followed by #.
- Press # again to continue. You will be entered into your students teacher's Waiting Room. The teacher will admit you to the meeting when they are ready to begin.
- Press *6 to un-mute when ready.
**As a health and safety precaution, facemasks will be required for all visitors in attendance.**
We look forward to meeting with you! Please contact the school office at 503-845-6137 with any questions. Thank you!
Message from Superintendent Stucky: District Strategic Planning Survey
Do you have ideas you would like the Mt. Angel School District to consider? How about feedback regarding how we have been doing? We realize that COVID-19 plays a prominent part in our daily actions right now. We also look to a future without the pandemic. We are asking you to think beyond COVID-19 and consider the future for our schools and all children. Now is the perfect time to express your thoughts to us.
Link to complete this confidential survey.
All students should feel safe at school and in their communities. Mt. Angel School District and Mt. Angel Middle School are committed to building a strong, positive, supportive culture for students to learn and grow. If you have a specific concern or incident to report that threatens student safety and security, you may report it directly to our principal, Jared Tiecke, or use the anonymous tip line, Safe Oregon, at safeoregon.com. All concerns and tips are confidential and will be investigated and addressed according to district policy and procedure.