Roosevelt Elementary Newsletter
November Monthly Calendar
- Nov. 2nd - 15th Virtual Book Fair (more information found below)
- Nov. 2nd - NO In person classes - ASYNCHRONOUS DAY
- Nov. 2nd - 13th Roosevelt Food Drive (more information found below)
- Nov: 3rd No School Due to Election Day - Please Vote
- Nov. 6th End of First Marking Period - Report Cards Posted in Powerschool
- Nov. 19 Parent Teacher Conferences 4:45 p.m. - 8:45 p.m. (more information to follow)
- Nov. 20 Parent Teacher Conferences 12:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. (more information to follow)
- Nov. 20 ALL STUDENTS WILL WORK AN ASYNCHRONOUS DAY - chromebook work- NO SCHOOL IN PERSON
- Nov. 23 District Board Meeting 7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Nov. 25-27 Thanksgiving Break - Happy Thanksgiving!
- Nov. 30 School Resumes
arrival and dismissal reminders
As you know, we have made adjustments to the arrival and dismissal procedures this year at Roosevelt. Here are a few of the highlights of the new plan.
- We will continue to have the parking lot closed while we are in phase (4) of the return to learn plan. No parents will be allowed to park and walk onto school property to pick students up.
- Students who are walkers will be required to exit school grounds at the light (Cass Lake) or out the back of the playground. Parents are not allowed to walk up to the school and meet students. Please meet them at one of these two locations.
- Car line parents- Please make sure you have the colored paper in the window with your students name clearly written on it. This will help us speed up the dismissal process when loading students.
- Car line parents- Please pull as far forward as possible when entering the front pickup lot. I know it is tempting to stop where your student is located but pulling forward allows us to get more cars into the lot. When the light changes we can then have more cars exit the lot speeding up the process. We will continue to monitor students so they do not walk to cars until they have come to a complete stop.
- If you need to make changes to the way your student is going home please make sure you communicate with your student's teacher and/or the office.
Thank you to everyone who is supporting this process and making it run smoothly.
Phone: (248) 209-2060 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Online Ticket Submission- servicedesk.oakland.k12.mi.us
free meal distribution for roosevelt families
The USDA has generously provided funding which allows the West Bloomfield School District to provide meals free of charge until December 31 or until funds expire to any child 18 or under or persons up to age 26 who are enrolled in an educational program for the mentally or physical disabled that is recognized by a state or local public educational agency.
Meals can be pre-ordered and picked up curbside at Roosevelt Elementary or West Bloomfield High School on Wednesdays at no cost. Pick-up time at Roosevelt site is 11:00am-1:00pm. You may select a time choice for West Bloomfield High School pick-up. Each child will receive seven days of breakfast and lunch meals. The meal pre-order link with details can be found on the Food Service page at WBSD.org https://www.wbsd.org/departments/food-service
Book Fair News From Mrs. Roth
Roosevelt School Safeline and Safe for School Hotline Information
248-865-6622. If your child is not feeling well please indicate his/her symptoms. Calling ensures they are excused for the time they will be out.
The Safe for School Hotline is set up by Oakland County and is available to assist parents in pre-screening. Please call (248)551-4242 or Nurse on call at (800)848-5533.
free (live) zoom yoga sessions for roosevelt students
In conjunction with the Greater West Bloomfield Community Coalition I am happy to provide all Roosevelt families with the opportunity to attend free live zoom yoga sessions again this fall. Last spring we offered this for students and it was very successful. Use the link below with the Zoom code for all upcoming events.
I hope you and your family can enjoy this event! Taylor did a great job leading yoga and mindfulness in the spring!
Topic: Yoga and Mindfulness with Roosevelt
Time: Wednesdays 10 am
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 898 1307 1173
Ms. Massie's 4th Graders enjoying Math Workplaces and Mealworm Observations!
The Great Pumpkin Giveaway!
Everything went well Saturday. We bought 150 pumpkins and gave away about 90. Each of us took a few home and we set a few at the school, city hall, police station. Farmer John (We nicked named) gave us the pumpkins free, see we gave back about 20.
We had music sound system playing spooky Halloween music!
Helpers: back row, Famer John and two helpers
Attached picture: Kathy Beddows taking the picture L-R Bugs Beddows , Diane, Bill, Denny, Mike (behind Denny) Eddie, Jim
Special Thank You to Bill Bertakis for organizing this great event!