how to stay safe online
Why is staying safe online so important?
Facebook, Instagram ,twitter, Ask.fm..... it just goes on and on. These are only a few of the dangers that children between the ages of 12-17 face everyday . They do not register the kind of danger they are putting themselves in regularly. I am not saying that the internet should never be used again; on the contrary it is very useful, you can use it for school projects, communication between long distances etc. .....it is extremely useful. But it is also very dangerous. Online gaming, predators, cyberbullying,pornography,social networks, uploading videos these dangers are some of the main dangers of the internet . We will show you how to avoid them
How to be safe on the internet
You will never be absolutely safe on the internet. Still, to be as safe as you can you need to take these steps:
- All of your online profiles (Facebook,Twitter,Instagram etc.) should be made as private as possible.
- Do not accept friend requests from people that you do not know.
- Do not press random links, the site may contain a virus.
- If you post some information about where you are, who you are with, what you are doing it gives a lot of information about you.So, if you are having lunch with a friend and you take a photo of you all together post it after you have left the restaurant.
- If you ever download from the internet try to use a site that has got no viruses and generally looks trustworthy.
- Overall do not share private information about you.
Parenting tips on keeping your children safe
As a parent you want your child to be as safe as possible on the internet, here are some ways to ensure this:
- You can explain to them some of the dangers of the internet, the consequences, what to do and what not to do.
- You can block some sites.
Safe Web Surfing: Top Tips for Kids and Teens Online
Bullying is used on a very large scale these days, almost everyday you see someone being bullied, even the simplest things you say or do can affect someone hugely. The most known and possibly more used form of bullying is cyberbullying. Cyberbullying is very powerful, it is when you do something online that either embarrasses or hurts the other person. When you are in this position or witnessing something like this all you need to do is tell someone. You can inform a teacher, your parents , inform a cyberbullying protection site anonymously , but mostly speak, tell someone, otherwise it will only get worse.
My story: Struggling, bullying, suicide, self harm
CATFISH: THE TV SHOW TRAILER