TUESDAY'S NEWSDAY - ISSUE 1
August 31, 2021
From the Principals
Dear RES Families,
It is amazing how quickly this summer has passed. We hope your vacation time with family and friends has been enjoyable. Our staff has been busy preparing their classrooms for students to return to school tomorrow! We cannot wait to greet their smiling faces as we welcome them back to RES.
Today we will hold our virtual Meet & Greet sessions for parents and teachers on the following schedule:
Grade 1 8:15 a.m. - 8:45 a.m.
Grade 2 8:45 a.m. - 9:15 a.m.
Grade 3 9:15 a.m. - 9:45 a.m.
Grade 4 9:45 a.m. - 10:15 a.m.
You should have received your Zoom links from your child’s teacher yesterday.
We will also hold our Kindergarten Orientation and Bus ride today. Families with last names beginning with the letters A - J will visit between 1:30 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. Families with last names beginning with K - Z will visit between 2:15 p.m. - 2:45 p.m. at the main office entrance.
Just a reminder to have your child bring an extra mask and water bottles to school with them. We will have extra masks for children, as well. As you are aware, masks are required on buses and for all who enter the building. We appreciate your support for our student and staff safety.
We look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!
Sharon Weirsman and Joe Amodio
Interim Principal and Assistant Principal
Mark Your Calendar
August 31st: Kindergarten Visitation/Bus Orientation
September 1st: First Day of School for Students (Preschool dismisses at 12:30, Kindergarten dismisses at 1:00, Grades 1-4 dismiss at 2:50)
September 1, 2, 3, 8, 9 - Kindergarten Intake Conferences/Early Dismissal (K ONLY) 1:00 p.m.
September 1, 2, 3 - Preschool Intake Conferences/Early Dismissal (Preschool ONLY) 12:30 p.m.
September 6th: Labor Day - No School, Offices Closed
September 7th: Rosh Hashanah - No School, Offices Open
September 10 - Kindergarten first long day
September 14th: RES Open House (details to follow)
September 16th: Yom Kippur - No School, Offices Open
October 6th: Picture Day (Grades 1-4)
October 7th: Picture Day (Preschool & Kindergarten)
Click the link to access the 2021-2022 School Year Calendar
NEWS FROM OUR HEALTH OFFICE
WELCOME BACK STUDENTS AND FAMILIES! I hope you all had a wonderful summer break and I'm so excited to be back with you all for the 2021-22 School Year!
- Please monitor your child(ren) for any signs and symptoms of illness. Please keep students home if they are sick and/or if they have a temperature above 100.0 F.
- Please report all POSITIVE COVID tests immediately to the school nurse - if it is outside of school hours, please send an email to email@example.com and during school hours call 203-938-2519 ext. 309. Also notify the nurse if your child is identified as a close contact of someone with covid outside of school.
- Please report all absences through school dismissal manager and be as specific as possible in the comments section (temperature, sore throat, headache, travel, etc. versus “sick” or “illness”.)
- All students must wear a mask to school. Please send a couple extra masks with your child in a ziploc bag labeled "clean" and with their name.
- Younger students should also have a change of clothes at school or in their backpack in case of spills or accidents.
- We will be going outside for recess and PE as long as the weather permits. Please apply sunscreen at home in the morning on hot, sunny days if your child needs it.
- If your child needs medication at school, please contact the health office and submit the medication administration form if you have not done so already. Please do not send medication of any type to school with your child; an adult must deliver the medication (prescription and over-the-counter/OTC).
- If you would like your child to be able to receive over the counter (OTC) medications such as tylenol or ibuprofen at school please log into powerschool and answer yes to those questions.
We are once again navigating school with Covid and will continue to work together as a team to keep our school community healthy and safe this year. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me with questions and concerns!
RES School Nurse
Phone: 203-938-2519 ext. 309
CAR TAGS FOR DISMISSAL
There are 3 backpack tags that can be used for siblings either now, or later as your family grows. IF you lose one or do not have enough, please consider making copy of that tag to match your car tag number and affix to your child's backpack.
Information regarding our dismissal procedure is available in our summer mailing located on our website at www.reddinglementaryps.org Please refer to our handbook.
Thank you -
Arrival & Dismissal
Parents/Guardians who are dropping off students in the morning, or picking up students in the afternoon are asked to remain in their vehicles during this process. We will have staff on hand ready to support during these transition times. If you are dropping off your child in the morning please be sure their mask is on and backpack is ready BEFORE you pull up to the drop off location, so that we can quickly and safely transition kids out of vehicles and into the building.
Due to the current health and safety precautions in place, we are limiting visitors in our building to essential business only. If you need to come to the school to pick up your child, please be sure you have a government issued ID on you for entry each and every time. Even if we recognize you, we will ask for your ID. This is our policy.
Traffic SafetyPlease be reminded to follow all traffic rules while driving in our parking lots and around RES, including stopping at stop signs and adhering to the speed limit. Cars may not travel into the bus loop during arrival and dismissal.
School Dismissal Manager
If there are changes to your child's dismissal plans, remember to log in to School Dismissal Manager to update with the new plans. A reminder that 'bus' is the default for all students. Distribution of a student pick up number tag, or the data from the summer survey does not automatically inform us that your child is a pick up.
DROP OFF SAFETY
Office hours for Special Services is 7:30am - 3:00pm during the regular school year.
SPECIAL SERVICES DEPARTMENT
Ms. Jennifer Del Conte, Director, Special Services
Ms. Michelle King, Administrative Assistant to Director of Special Services
firstname.lastname@example.org Ext. 313
Mrs. Jennifer Hankla, Supervisor, Special Services
Mrs. Marilyn Caruso, Secretary, Special Services
email@example.com Ext. 312
Office hours for the main office is 7:30am - 3:45pm during the normal 10-month
Miss Bobbie Granskog, School Secretary
firstname.lastname@example.org Ext. 304
Budgets, Payroll & Tuesday’s Newsday
Mrs. Komal Kulkarni, School Secretary
email@example.com Ext. 302
Registrar & Enrollment
Mrs. Rachel Saluzzi, School Secretary
firstname.lastname@example.org Ext. 301
Assistant to School Principals
School Dismissal Manager & Subs
OTHER FREQUENTLY CALLED NUMBERS:
Nurse Connolly — Ext. 309
Library— Ext. 343
Kitchen — Ext. 346
You will find a complete list of telephone extensions and email addresses for our staff on our website www.reddingelementaryps.org
Please click on our link to see what is happening at the Mark Twain Library.