Foundation 1 News
Friday 17th January
Spider and Egg Week!
- This week we welcomed Aqila and Divine to the Ruby Class.
- We enjoyed looking at the nursery rhymes Incy Wincy Spider and Humpty Dumpty.
- Our classrooms are now decorated with scary spiders and webs!
- The children experienced cooking eggs in different ways and learnt how to record their thoughts (on taste).
- Everyone made a Humpty Dumpty to sit on the wall using cutting and folding skills.
- We learnt all about circles by using mathematical language 'curved side', 'flat shape' and by finding circles in our school.
- The children have excelled at putting on their coats without help and are working towards doing up their own zips. Well Done!
- Basing our learning around 'the Grand Old Duke of York' and 'Jack and Jill' nursery rhymes.
- Thinking about moving - jumping and running.
- Focussing on counting and corresponding numerals.
- The Number Fairies will be bringing the number 9 (or 2).
- Carrying water just like Jack and Jill.
- Making a drum from junk modelling materials.
You can help us by.......
- Contacting either Elizabeth or Christel, our class mums, if you have any questions.
- Welcoming new parents.
- Making sure your child has enough spare clothes , weather appropriate and their cushions for this term.
- Ensuring your child can undo his/her button in order to go to the toilet more easily.