Certified Edition - February 28, 2022
Wellness Challenge Starts March 5
For: All Employees
Last team challenge for our Wellness year is starting March 5. This challenge is just for Provo City School District employees.
LETRS Important Information
- If you were unable to attend Unit 3 on Feb. 22. Please sign up for a make-up session ASAP. The MIDAS course code for Unit 3 make-up sessions is 60078. Check available dates on MIDAS and obtain permission from your admin to sign up for your chosen date.
- There are 2 options for Unit 4. May 23 (2 sections) or June 1 (4 sections). Before signing up for the May 23 session, you will need to obtain permission from your principal and secure a substitute. Those doing the June 1 option will be given some compensation for your time. The course code for Unit 4 is 60076. Please look at the date. The first 2 sections are the May 23 date, the next 4 are the June 1 date.
- As you begin wrapping up your work on LETRS Units 1-4 this year, please be aware that credit and stipends will be awarded to those who successfully complete Units 1-4 work. This includes:
- All online modules complete with Unit Average scores of 80% or higher. (You have 2 tries on these Check for Understanding/Unit Quizzes).
- Attend all 4 Unit zoom sessions through MIDAS.
- Complete the Bridge to Practice activities
- Complete and pass the Unit 1-4 Summative Assessment. Please note: This test is OPEN BOOK but can only be taken ONCE. Plan for enough time to be able to do your best.
Diversity & Equity: Speaker Series Event Today
On Monday February 28th, the PCSD Diversity & Equity YouTube Channel will host a special Speaker Series event for Black History Month. The event will host five special distinguished guest speakers. Check out the flyer, and be sure to tune in at 7 p.m. on Monday evening.
Free Doug Fisher Leadership Webinar
Dr. Doug Fisher is offering a timely, free webinar on March 10 called, ‘Leading in Tough Times.’
Master the Next Generation Science Standards
Help Your Students Master the Next Generation Science Standards: Practical Strategies and the Best, New Tools (Grades 6-12) One-Day Seminar Presented by Elizabeth Mirra Outstanding Science Educator and National Presenter.
2022 Spring NAME Conference
National Association of Multicultural Education 2022 Conference Co-Chair, Ludwig van Broekhuizen and NAME leaders are currently planning a virtual conference for March 10–12, 2022, to bring together educators, community activists and change agents to help re-charge our dedication to multicultural education. Registration is now open!
ESP of the Year Award
It’s that time of year to submit ESP of the Year Nominations. For the next 2 months, we (PESPA) will be collecting nominations for ESP of the year. If you know a secretary, custodian, technology, maintenance, transportation, paraprofessional, or child nutrition worker, that has gone above and beyond and that you think should receive this award, nominate them! Learn more and nominate someone!
February 2022 Benefits Buzz
You can make Benefits changes in Employee Navigator. When you experience a life event, do you know how to report any changes that need to be made? Provo City School District uses Employee Navigator for Open Enrollment and life event changes and then report them to the insurance carriers. If adding a life event, log into Employee Navigator, and click on the Life Events tab.
Suicide Prevention Training for License Renewal
PCSD’s approved Suicide Prevention Course will be the course offered by USBE. We will no longer offer the Face to Face course. Learn more on the Employee Website.