Talia + Dan
This is a picture of the Excretory System
Functions of your Excretory System
- The Kidneys help when you are dehydrated
- The Kidneys eliminate waste from your body so your body does not over flow and get sick
- All of your blood eventually passes through one of your two Kidneys
How the Exretory System works with the Endocrine System
- Kidneys must be constantly altered to provide the best internal environment for cells
- If you drink too much water hormones are released that allow more urine production
- If you are dehydrated less urine would be produced
- The Kidneys are tied to the Endocrine System with the adrenal gland position on top of each Kidney
- The adrenals release adrenaline into the body
What can go wrong with the Exretory Sytem?
-If a Kidney does not work or filter properly, your blood pressure can increase to dangerous levels
- Malfunctioning Kidneys often go through processes called Dialysis where you get an artificial Kidney
-Did you know that the Endocrine System is the major control of the Excretory System?