Parent Blast - April 11, 2022
We have several important upcoming events for our students:
ODS (Outdoor School) for 6th Graders - Wednesday through Friday
Although we are not returning to a full three-day, overnight experience, we are able to take a field trip as part of our ODS experience for 6th graders today. If you are a 6th grade parent, please reference the emails sent by Ms. McClain and Mr. Kreisher and reach out directly to them with any questions you have.
District Kindergarten Fair - Thursday
Please make sure to share information with family and neighbors that have incoming Kindergarten students this fall. This is a great way to learn more about Patterson, HSD and all of the program we offer. Check out the flyer below and share our social media posts to help us spread the word!
Girls STEAM Squad Afterschool Program - begins April 19th
See below for details about this new afterschool program!
Glencoe Feeder Band Concert - April 19th
We are glad to welcome our annual band concert back this spring. Please be looking for more information from Mr. Blomenkamp and details posted here next week.
OMSI Day - April 29th
We are excited to have OMSI come to Patterson for a full day on April 29th. Each grade level will be rotating into our "Science Festival" in the gym for an hour to explore and learn.
State Testing - Starting May 5
Next week we will be sharing our state testing dates via this Parent Blast. A few of our SBA (Smarter Balanced Assessments) have been shortened/condensed so our students will spend less time testing. Please help us complete this by prioritizing attendance at school on these days. We believe in a positive testing culture here at Patterson, and will have snacks and fun activities to get pumped up to show our learning leading up to these dates.
Here to serve,
Principal, Patterson Elementary
- April 13 - Booster Club Meeting, 6:30 pm
- April 14 - District Kindergarten Fair at Lincoln Street, 6-8 pm
- April 19 - Band Concert at GHS
- April 29 - OMSI Day at Patterson
We need your help spreading the word that now is the time to register kindergarteners for the fall. If you know of a family member, friend or neighbor that will be 5 prior to September 1st, please encourage them to call us and register for school. Accurate kindergarten numbers help us with staffing for the following year.
Booster Club News
Join us in-person (library) or online using this Google Meet link for our Booster Club Meeting Wednesday at 6:30 pm:
Google Meet joining info
Or dial: +1 314-474-2293 PIN: 780 076 278#
Please check out the volunteer opportunities around Patterson and sign up! Thank you to our Booster Club for organizing this.
People can starting buying tickets for the auction online now!
Attendance Line & Attendance Letters
Thank you to our families for calling students in sick on our attendance line and sharing symptoms. This has helped us to communicate with families regarding timelines for return and kept our building safe and healthy. If you have not done so already, we encourage you to save our attendance line number in your phone: 503.844.1385
Last week we resumed our weekly attendance team meetings. You may remember that we had taken a break in the midst of high COVID and quarantine numbers. We have now returned to more typical attendance patterns and will be reviewing student attendance each week. Attendance letters are meant to do the following:
- Notify families of their child's total days absent and days tardy, as well as the percentage of days that have been missed
- Share some information regarding the impact of missed school days
- Share information regarding testing when there are a high number of absences
- Share school team members that can support if you or your child are going through a difficult time
- Serve as a record of days and subsequently instruction missed in cases of academic concern in the future
They will include an attachment with your child's absence and tardy records - please reach out to our attendance secretary, Maria Marin, if you need to correct a record.
Please note that good attendance, including attending school on time, is a requirement of transfers and future transfer approval.
2022-2023 School Calendar Approved
The 2022-2023 school calendar has been approved by our school board. Please use this calendar to plan vacations outside of school if possible.
You can view the board-adopted calendar for next school year on the district website here.
Please read this reminder regarding volunteering and fingerprinting:
- Volunteers who are currently “Approved” in the system will have their status changed to “Pending” if we do not have their fingerprint verification on file on or before March 28, 2022.
- There is no out-of-pocket expense for this requirement. If you no longer wish to volunteer, please send an email to email@example.com and request that your volunteer application be removed. Remember to include your full name.
- Please begin by following this link to schedule your fingerprint appointment https://www.fieldprintoregon.com
- Click “SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT” - Complete all required fields; you will be asked to sign up before you are allowed to continue
- When requested, you will need to enter the Fieldprint code FPHillsboroSD1JVol (this code is for Hillsboro SD volunteers only)
- The total fee for fingerprinting will be billed to the Hillsboro School District
- Fingerprint processing can take up to eight weeks
If you have had fingerprints processed through the Oregon Department of Education in the past, please contact Kristina Gantt - firstname.lastname@example.org – and let me know which school district, ESD or substitute entity has your fingerprints or if you have a current teaching license (if your license is expired you will need to follow the process above)
Por favor, pulse en el siguiente enlace para programar su cita de huellas dactilares:
- Proporcione toda la información requerida; se le pedirá que complete este proceso antes de poder continuar
- Cuando se le solicite, deberá ingresar el código de huellas dactilares siguiente, FPHillsboroSD1JVol (este código es solo para los voluntarios del Distrito Escolar de Hillsboro)
- La cita tomará aproximadamente 10 minutos; usted programará su cita en una ubicación de su elección
- La cuota total por la toma de huellas dactilares se facturará al Distrito Escolar de Hillsboro
- El procesamiento de huellas dactilares podría tardar hasta ocho semanas
Si sus huellas dactilares han sido procesadas anteriormente a través del Departamento de Educación de Oregón, por favor, comuníquese con Kristina Gantt a través de email@example.com y mencione qué distrito escolar, distrito de servicio educativo o entidad de sustitutos tiene su información de huellas dactilares o si tiene una licencia de enseñanza vigente (si su licencia está expirada, deberá seguir el proceso mencionado anteriormente)
Comprehensive Sexuality Education (CSE) Dates
Here is our schedule for CSE lesson this school year:
- Kinder: May 16-27
- 2nd Grade: May 16-27
- 4th Grade: May 31-June 13
- 5th Grade: May 31-June 13