March 1, 2015
Special shout outs to:
- Mr. Martinez of Mi Cocina at Alliance for a fabulous lunch. A scrumptious hot meal was exactly what we needed after getting all of our kids tucked into their cars. Thank you!
- Mrs. Farry for jumping in and assisting with dismissal. On days like Friday, additional helping hands are priceless!
Grit...What do we know? What's being done to learn about it?
Watching the video below made me want to start all over with my children. The whole parenting thing is difficult and, I believe, definitely warrants a 'mulligan' opportunity!
Fun! Fun! Fun!
Hello Patriot Families!
Is that Spring I see on the horizon?
March is shaping up to be another busy month around campus. We are looking forward to celebrating Dr. Seuss’ birthday, spending some time exploring the wonders of science after our General Assembly meeting, dining out at Chick fil A, and gathering new volunteers to join our Executive Board and Committees for next year.
Speaking of gathering new volunteers . . . the PTA is looking for new faces and fresh ideas! If you would like to be involved, make new friends and help make a difference in your school then we have a job for YOU! Check out the “We Need YOU In The PTA” flyer being sent home through teachers’ newsletters and front office communications this month. Please consider running for an elected office or chairing a committee next year. A PTA is only as strong as its members and volunteers. We need Y-O-U!
Finally, I would like to say how lucky I feel to work with such a dedicated group of volunteers. Our executive board members, committee chairs, volunteers, teachers and administration never cease to amaze me! Programs and projects are successful because people care enough to get involved and lend a hand.
Our school benefits from the generosity of volunteers every day. Thank you to those who work tirelessly, simply because our kids matter. It is an honor and a pleasure to serve with each of you!
Have a great month!
March Dates to Remember
· March 6 Dr. Seuss Day- ‘Seuss-tacular’ Spirit Stick Blow Out Sale!
· March 9-13 Spring Break
· March 19 PTA General Assembly Meeting w/ Science Night
· March 20 PTA Executive Board/Committee interest forms due
· March 20,27 Spirit Fridays ~ wear your spirit wear and shop for spirit sticks
· March 23 “EGGSellent Student” Spirit Stick orders due
· March 24 DNO @ Chick fil A Alliance
· March 26 Brown Bag Lunch w/Dr. Reid; 12noon @Trinity Springs
- The first bad weather make-up day will be Monday, April 6th. Options for the second day are still under consideration by the district. We'll get that information to you as soon as it's available.
- The 2015-16 Instructional Calendar has been approved by the school board.
Kindergarten Round Up is coming soon!
Kindergarten Round Up will take place in early April. Specific dates will be announced soon. In preparation for Round Up, this is a good time to compile the following information: Parent Identification, Student Identification (birth certificate, passport, adoption records, hospital birth record, or other legal document that establishes identity), immunization record, proof of residency, and child's social security number (optional but preferred).
Texas.gov is reminding parents they can go directly to Texas.gov and order a certified birth certificate for $22, the same price as a walk-in or mail order. This online service, offered in English and Spanish, provides parents with a straightforward, secure option for ordering their child’s birth certificate. The orders are fulfilled by the Texas Department of State Health Services.
April Sneak Preview
- April 2nd - Dining Night Out at Spring Creek Barbecue
- April 6th - Bad Weather Make-up Day...Staff and students will follow the normal school day schedule.
Reoccurring Events in March
March 2nd through 4th- Book Fair
March 3rd - Book Nic
March 6th - Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!
Dress up like your favorite Dr. Seuss character.
March 6th - Early Release at 12:00
March 17 - Spring Pictures
March 19 - PTA General Body Meeting & Science Night
PTA meeting begins at 6:00, immediately followed by science night.
March 20 - Preschool Patriots