Faith Alliance Church
Connection Point Newsletter
November 17, 2023
Greetings from Pastor John!
We will be in Revelation 17 this week. We are getting close to Advent and celebrating Christ’s coming into the world. Revelation will show us how Christ comes into the world again, not just as Savior but as Reigning King. As we get close to the Christmas season, we have a great opportunity to reflect on the person of Jesus and what it means that He has both entered our world and will enter it again. In the middle the church gets to wait in hope and expectancy. Those are both areas that the world has little of these days. So may the hope of the church and our expectancy in Christ be an invitation to our culture to see Christ for who He is in our lives.
Mid-week Video: Augustine & Theology of Analogy
Prayer and Praise
Nov 15-22, 2023
● Praise the Lord for our Thanksgiving celebrations next week. Pray that God’s people will have grateful hearts for the abundant provision of our Great God.
● Pray for TJ’s mother and foster child, Mechelle as they both recover from surgeries this week.
● Pray for Cindy Karol’s brother, Seymour, as he continues to recover from a double lung transplant at Mass General. Pray also for the family whose loved one donated the organs.
● Pray for Burkina Faso and Mali as they celebrate the 100 years of Alliance Missionary work in West Africa.
● Pray for safe passage for Dawn Mattera as she returns to fellowship here early in December. Praise the Lord for the generous supply of thermal socks for the soldiers in Ukraine.
● Pray for this week’s Soup Sunday fellowship meal.
● Pray for Vinnie Guerrini’s family as his mother may be at the end of this life.
● Pray for our lead pastor, John, and his staff as they lead us through the upcoming busy holiday season.
● Pray for healing for Cindy Sherman’s mother, Betty Lawrence, with her respiratory issues.
● Pray for our office manager, Amy Pelletier, as she prepares for surgery on her ankle on November 27th and for her recovery in rehab.
● Pray for Toby Smith as he considers short term soccer missionary service this summer in Chicago and Brazil.
Family Discussion Starters
•Who led the people to rebuild Jerusalem’s wall and fix the gates in the wall?
•Why was Nehemiah a good leader for God’s people?
•Who protects you when you are afraid?
Because we are protected and secure in Christ, we join with others to complete the kingdom work God has given us.
• HEAD: What are you doing to build up the walls of your faith? Where do your walls need repair?
• HEART: What can you confess to God right now if you feel disconnected from God’s plan for your life or if you are hesitant to follow even if you do know?
• HANDS: What story of God’s faithfulness in your life will you share with someone this week?