RRSD #35 Community Update
October 11, 2022
District # 35 Happenings
The weather is dry and warm, but fall is here. We are already more than a month into the school year. Homecoming activities are on the horizon, so get ready for a busy month around the District.
No school for students Friday October 14, 2022 due to state In-service day.
School Bond Informational Meeting:
- Ballot measure 15-208 is officially appearing on this fall's ballots for voters living in the Rogue River School District. This is the measure asking voters to approve a $4 million dollar bond for school improvements that would be matched with another $4 million dollars by the state of Oregon.
- We have one more informational bond meeting scheduled for October 17th. This is a great opportunity to learn more about the bond proposal voters will see on the ballot. If you have questions or just want to learn more about ballot measure 15-208, please show up at the JSHS library at 6:00 p.m. on October 17th.
- Home volleyball game vs Brookings Harbor on October 18th @ 6:00 p.m. (Senior Night)
- Bonfire October 20th in the gravel parking lot from 7-8:00 p.m.
- Homecoming Parade: October 21st @ 1:15 p.m. through Main and Pine Street.
- Home football game vs Bandon October 21st @ 7:00 p.m.
- Elementary Spirit Week: October 24-28th. Contact school for more details.
- Pattie McKinney: Her work with the origami group at SVA has been very successful. She pays attention to what interests students, and then finds ways to make it a reality.
- Tabitha Badley, Kaylie Woller, Wendy Barnwell, Kelsey Casey, and Derek Nelson: Each of these classified employees have stepped up in a big way for our schools by getting emergency substitute teaching licenses. Because of them, we have been better able to provide quality substitutes when our teachers are out.
- Tracy Borja, Jessa Fricke, and Jill Westlake: These three are getting kudos for taking our 6th grade class to Pacifica Outdoor School. This is a two night stay that they help support and coordinate providing a wonderful learning opportunity for our students.
- Angie Caschera and Ashtyn James: Ashtyn and Angie support the elementary staff and students in a multitude of impressive ways. Their calm energy helps create such a positive atmosphere for our school.
October Meeting Dates
Previous Community Update
RRSD Bond Measure Details