Happy New Year!
Welcome back to Suite 219M! We're happy to have you here!
What Are Your Resolutions?
Some Resolutions for the New Year from Suite 219M!
Tina - I resolve to be more impeccable with my words, drink more water, organize my family calendar, and to stay better connected with family.
Chris - 2015 had a lot of major life events, so my resolution for 2016 is to slow down and enjoy the day to day more.
Kim - to continue on my healthy journey; focusing on healthy eating. If anyone sees me with a soda, they have full authority to take it out of my hands and throw it away :)
News and Announcements - 2016
Congratulations to Megan Patrick!
We wish you all the best, Megan!
Sarah Sepkowski is moving up!
Tuesday, Jan. 26th, 12:15-1:15pm
219M Conference Room
Winter Door Decoration Contest
Friday, Jan. 29th, 12pm
Participation is encouraged, but not required. Happy Winter!!
Just For Fun!!
Beat the Winter Blahs!
- Wash-up! Preempt viruses and bacteria by frequently washing your hands and using hand sanitizer often.
- Change out your toothbrush.... especially after you've been sick. Germs can hid in the toothbrush and reinfect.
- Go towards the light! Six out of every 100 Americans may suffer from seasonal affective disorder (SAD), a malady of mood swings that occurs when light diminishes in winter, according to the Academy of Family Physicians.
- Keep hydrated! You may not feel as thirsty in the winter time, but allowing your body to become dehydrated can leave you more vulnerable to getting sick.
- Pamper your skin! Skin takes a beating in the winter -increase the humidity in your home by adjusting the gauge on your furnace or placing a humidifier in each bedroom. Moisturize after a hot shower to keep your skin from being dry or cracking.
- Fill up on Fiber! A 2010 study at the University of Illinois found that the fiber in foods like oats, apples, and nuts helps reduce inflammation and strengthens the immune system by increasing anti-inflammatory proteins.
- Stay Active! Keep moving and reduce stress levels.Our immune system does not function well when we are stressed. And we are more likely to engage in unhealthy habits such as 'Ben and Jerry's' therapy.
View the full article by clicking on the link below.