LPS Hybrid Opening Information
September 24, 2020
It is also important that I recognize and thank our educators who have had to switch between modes of teaching multiple times over the last week while managing glitches with our technology. They are an exceptionally talented and committed group of professionals who are working so very hard and differently to educate our children.
Please find information about opening in our hybrid plan below:
- With the news that our community is now in yellow, we will begin to bring students in blue ( B cohort) and gold( C cohort) cohorts back to school in our hybrid plan starting on Tuesday September 29th. Blue cohort students will attend on Tuesday September 29th and Wednesday September 30th(half day in person) and Gold cohort will attend on Thursday October 1st and Friday October 2nd. Our cohort A students will continue to attend four days.
- Special Education liaisons will reach out to the families of cohort A students to review the schedule for next week. Attendance on Wednesday September 30th will depend on their individual schedules and learning plan.
- Starting on Monday October 5th we will start with the schedule of Blue cohort on Monday and Tuesday, Wednesday full remote for all cohorts, and Gold cohort on Thursday and Friday. We are so looking forward to seeing more of our children in person starting next week!
- We will need to review all the safety and hand washing protocols with students as they return to school next week. Please be patient from home as the teachers may not have their zoom up and running right at the start of the day/class/block.
- Our extracurricular and high school sports will begin practices and tryouts this week. The Athletic Director will be sending out a communication to student athletes and families with the schedule this week. Stay tuned!
Family Attestation Form Reminder
Open House and Parent Conference Information
Parent Conferences will be scheduled and take place through zoom. The building principals will send out information for signing up before the schedule conference dates in November.
Bus Route Information
Lynnfield Community Schools Information
Based on the announcement at the School Committee meeting this morning, Lynnfield Public Schools will be starting a hybrid learning environment district-wide on Tuesday, September 29, 2020.
We are excited to share that child care programs through Lynnfield Community Schools will also start on Tuesday, September 29th, with the following schedule:
Tuesday, September 29th: BEDS and LEDS at both elementary schools
Wednesday, September 30th: BEDS only at both elementary schools
Beginning Thursday, October 1st:
Remote Learning Child Care opens at the Lynnfield Senior Center from 7:30-4:00pm for registered families
BEDS and LEDS at both elementary schools
More information regarding the details for child care will be shared from Lynnfield Community Schools prior to Tuesday’s start date.
Director, Lynnfield Community Schools
Please review our Mask Requirements with your child(ren) prior to opening. This applies to all students regardless of grade.
The student remote learning experience will look very different than this past spring. Students will need to abide by the expectations outlined here. Please review with your child(ren) prior to opening.
LYNNFIELD PUBLIC SCHOOLS
The Mission of the Lynnfield Public Schools is to support and challenge all students to meet their full potential as individuals and as citizens of the global community.