First Time Diners
By: Caroline Johnson
What to do when you are immediately seated!
-Wait for the host or hostess to take his or her napkin off the table and place it in his or her lap before you place your napkin in your lap.
-Unfold your napkin in one smooth motion without "snapping" or "shaking" it open.
-Wipe your fingers as necessary. Also use a small area of the napkin to blot your lips fairly often.
What is "a la carte"?
What is "a la mode"?
How do you get a waiters attention?
2. Talk to your waiter with respect.
3. Make eye contact with the waiter.
4. Try to always remain polite.
What is gratuity and how should you figure is on a bill?
What should you do when you finish each course?
5 helpful hints while dining out!!
2. Follow your host’s lead.
3. Drink from your own water glass and don’t make the mistake of taking from your colleague or client’s bread plate.
4. Try a little of everything on your plate unless you have a food allergy.
5. Cut only enough food for the next mouthful.