By Andrew Schroeder
- He was born on March 6th 1475 in Florence, Italy
- Most of his life was lived where he was born, in Florence
- He was the apprenticed to the famous painter Domenico Ghirlandaio
- Michelangelo was born into power,but it was taken from his family so they moved away, 7 years later he returned
- He mainly created sculptures: David, Pieta, Cupid but he also could paint, he painted Sistine Chapel ceiling
- His patrons were Pope Paul the 3rd and Pope Julius the 2nd
The Sistine Chapel
Famous Art Work: David
- David was created in 1501 and was finished in 1504
- The piece is located in a gallery: Galleria dell'Accademia
- It is a piece of a man that is naked and is standing up and that was rare back then
- I found this interesting because he was one of the first artist to expand his abilities and create something no one considered to do before
- This shows skepticism because the sculpture is a fully nude man standing and that was uncommon during this era
- Michelangelo. David. 1501-1504. Galleria'Accademia, Florence, Italy. Wikimedia Commons. 3 Apr. 2013. Web. 18 Nov. 2013.
- Michelangelo. N.d. Bio.TRUE STORY. Web. 18 Nov. 2013.
- "Michelangelo." World History: The Modern Era. ABC-CLIO, 2013. Web. 18 Nov. 2013.
- Sistine Chapel Ceiling. N.d. Wikimedia Commons. 10 May 2012. Web. 18 Nov. 2013.