News From Nighthawk Nation
Elevating Excellence in Academics, Character & Community
Mrs. Baker K-3 Principal
*We believe in you
*We trust in you
*We know you can do it
*You are cared for
*You are listened to
*You are very important to us
We want to every child to know and believe that they are a value and an important part of our school community.
Thank you all for coming out to the back to school nights.
Introduction to Specialists, Interventionists, and Admin
Notes from Driveline
Thank you all for your support in helping to expedite Driveline in a safe and efficient manner. Your children's safety is our number one priority. Please remember these following guidelines:
1. Please do not get out of your vehicle while you are in Driveline. We will help your student out of the car. If you need extra time, please feel free to park in the parking lot.
2. Please do not drop your students off anywhere about the drop off/loading zone. We have had students dropped off on 1st street as well as the center Island.
3. Please give hugs and kisses prior to entering driveline.
4. Please do not park in the dirt lot to the East of the building. This is private property and we would hate for any of our families to get a ticket.
5. After careful review of procedures, we are asking there are no left turns (morning and afternoon) on the East side of the building into Driveline. This hinders traffic on 1st and slows driveline.
Starting Monday, if you are staying on campus until after the bell, we are asking that you stay behind the black fence, also if you have small children that are in school we ask that you do not allow them on the playground equipment. This is a safety issue for both your small children and the students.
Unfortunately, next week we will be continuing with sack lunches. TSD has not yet provided Kitchen help. If you have questions or concerns please contact TSD Nutrition Services.
Mrs. Hejl 4-8 Principal
This year in grades 4-8 our focus is, "Something for Everyone." Our goal is to offer a wide variety of programs that will inspire every student, everyday to come to school excited to learn. Please be on the lookout for exciting opportunities and events throughout the school year. Next week, Brandon Harrington will begin the All the World's a Stage 4th-8th Grade after school theatre program. Please click on the link to learn more about the program and access the program description and expectations.
Notes From Driveline:
Help NVCS be Good Neighbors:
Parents please help us be good neighbors. During pick up and drop off please do not park in the Larimer County Building. They have reached out with specific concerns about the number of students and families that are using their parking lot and the impact it is having on their clients and staff. Thank you for using our driveline, we have gotten times down to 20 minutes or less in the last week for morning and evening drop off.
Arriving After 7:50 am:
Students arriving after 7:50 am are able to enter through the front doors of the building. Tardy slips will not be assigned until after 8:03 a.m. This will allow students time to get to their classes and lockers without having to run around the building.
Finally, thank you to all the families that attended our Back to School Night. We enjoyed having you in our classrooms to share with you the exciting learning that will take place in your students classes this year. Thank you for partnering with us for a wonderful year!
Mr. Bissell, AP/AD - Nighthawk Nation Athletic News
Volleyball and soccer are off to a great start . During this past week the "B" team and the "A" team won their game against HCA. The boys soccer team lost a close game to Westview then defeated HCA later in the week. Next week Volleyball plays at Dayspring on Monday 9/9 and play Ridgeview at home on Wednesday 9/11. Soccer plays at LCA on Monday 9/9 and plays Union Colony at home on Thursday 9/12. Come out and support the team. Our Nighthawk Student/Athletes are representing NVCS with PRIDE.
Boys basketball is just around the corner. The parent meeting will be held at 5:30 on Wednesday 9/18. Information on the upcoming season will be discussed. Then on Monday 9/30 and Tuesday 10/1 we will have an optional skills clinic from 6-8. Tryouts will be Wednesday 10/2, Thursday 10/3 and Friday 10/4 from 6-8. Players need to attend at least 2 of the 3 tryout dates.
Officer Jalali - Nighthawk Safety
Bullying vs. conflict- What’s the difference?
Everyone experiences conflicts sometimes and they’re a normal part of life. However, bullying is not normal and can have serious consequences. But how can you tell the difference between the two? Having a conflict with someone is a disagreement or argument. Bullying is intentionally trying to harm someone or hurt their feelings. Bullying can be repeated and purposeful. Conflicts usually get resolved. An easy way to tell the difference between bullying someone and having a conflict with someone is in a conflict situation, both people will be upset. When someone bullies someone else, usually only the victim of the bullying feels upset. Sometimes the bully can even feel happy that they’re hurting the other person.
Remember- If you or someone you know is a bully or is getting bullied, report it to a trusted adult! Even if you aren’t sure if it’s bullying or just a conflict.
Notes from PTO
Box Tops is changing up the process this year. If you have any items with the Box Top still on them, send it in while they still count. Please follow the link and it will explain everything. https://www.boxtops4education.com/
Don’t forget to get on our email list and like our Facebook page for updates on upcoming school events / activities.
September 9, 2019
- Volleyball @ Dayspring Christian - 4:00 p.m.
- PTO Meeting - NVCS 4-8 Commons - 6:30 p.m.
September 10, 2019
- K-3 School Pictures
- Students will get their school pictures taken on Tuesday, September 10th. Photographers will be on the K-3 Campus (2366 E. 1st St.) throughout the day. These will be the pictures used in the yearbook, please plan accordingly on this day to look your very best. Picture order packets will be sent home with students, or can be accessed online.
September 11, 2019
- Volleyball @ NVCS Gym vs. Ridgeview - 4:00 p.m.
September 12, 2019
- Soccer vs. Union Colony @ NVCS Soccer Field
- Grades 4-8 All the World's a Stage Begins--Participant Packet
September 17, 2019-
- 7th and 8th Grade Florida Trip Parent Information Meeting 5 pm in the STEM Room (299 Peridot Ave)
September 24, 2019-
- Grades 4-8 Picture Retake Day
- Did you miss student check in? Did your picture not turn out as you thought it would? Please plan on participating in picture retake day on Tuesday, September 24, 2019 at the 4-8 Campus (299 Peridot). Retakes will be scheduled throughout the day. These photos will be used in the school yearbook, to please make sure to plan accordingly.
Raptor Volunteer Sign Up Link
Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need help navigating through this process.
Volunteer/Visitor Check In
Attention dads, granddads, and uncles: Our Watch D.O.G.S. Program is looking for program volunteers!
WATCH D.O.G.S. is an educational initiative with two primary goals:
1) To provide positive male role models for the students, demonstrating by their presence that education is important.
2) To provide extra sets of eyes and ears to enhance school security and reduce bullying.
Please click on the Watch D.O.G.S. FLYER to get more information on how to become a part of this great volunteer opportunity.
K-8 Media Opt Out Form
This form is for parents who wish to designate that their child SHOULD NOT be in photos/videos or articles published by New Vision Charter School. If this form is not completed and returned to the school by October 1 each year, NVCS will assume that parent(s)/guardian(s) have given permission to publish their students photo, video and/or name as specified in the attached form.