Paw Prints-Nov-Dec 2022
Kerens Elementary School
Details about our first annual Kerens Elementary Color Blast Turkey Trot!
Family Time - Gratitude Journal
FAMILY ENGAGEMENT: Family gratitude journals are a simple and easy way to bring the family together. Simply place a journal and a pen in a central location in the house, accessible to all members of the family. Challenge everyone in the household to write one entry per day in the journal. Celebrate even the smallest gestures of gratitude. This is an amazing way to introduce your children to thankfulness in a fun, creative way. It allows an avenue for your family to express joy, and it establishes a health habit of focusing on the positive. Make the adventure your own . . .decorate your journal, draw pictures to illustrate your entries . . . the possibilities are endless.
Dates to Remember November 2022
- NOVEMBER - Date to be Announced - Pout-Pout Fish Field Trip for PreK-2nd Grades
- November 1 - Food Drive Opens
- November 1 - Start Your Gratitude Journals
- November 3 - Red Cross Pillowcase Project - Fire Prevention
- November 3 - Senior Night for Secondary
- November 3 - FIST BUMP THURSDAY
- November 4 - Permission Slips for Pout Pout Fish Due Today, PreK-2
- November 7 - Fire Prevention Trailer
- November 8 - Picture Retake and Class Pictures
- November 9 - Pout Pout Fish Field Trip PreK-2
- November 10 - Progress Reports
- November 11 - Food Drive Putt-Putt
- November 11 - Veterans Day
- November 15 - KONA ICE @ KES
- November 17 - Food and Fiber Field Trip - 4th Grade Only
- November 18 - Fist Bump Friday
- November 18 - Turkey Trot & Early Release
- November 21-25 - School Holiday - Happy Thanksgiving!
- November 30 - 12 Days of Christmas Celebration Begins
KES students are collecting non-perishable foods, November 1-15. Have your child give your donation to their homeroom teacher. You may also drop off your donations at the elementary office. The homeroom with the most items wins a Pizza Party.
Dates to Remember December 2022
November 28-December 9 - Middle of the Year Testing Window
December 2 - Donuts with Dads
December 2 - Fist Bump Friday
December 5 - UIL Competition at LaPoynor ISD
December 8 - Christmas Program 6 p.m. Middle School Gym (PreK-3)
December 9 - Fist Bump Friday
December 15 - EARLY RELEASE - Merry Christmas
December 16-January 3 - WINTER BREAK
We conduct 12 drawings a day for 12 days for both our students and teachers. If you would like to donate a gift, please drop off with Mrs. Nancy Melton in the front office. Thank you for your contribution.
A Very Merry Bobcat Christmas Musical
Thursday, Dec. 8th, 6pm
200 Bobcat Lane
For more information about the Kerens Health Clinic and up-to-date information from Nurse Speelman, visit the Kerens Health Clinic. Click on the button above.
CHARACTER TRAIT OF THE MONTH - CITIZENSHIP
- October 31-November 4: Fairness
- November 7-18: Gratitude
COLOR OF THE MONTH - BROWN
Wear brown every Thursday. The homeroom with the most participants at the end of the month will win an ice cream party.
TRANSPORTATION CHANGE PROCEDURES @ KES
ALL changes must be made through the elementary office.
Parents should make transportation changes for students by 2:45 p.m. Any changes after 2:45p.m. must be made in person at the elementary office for the safety and security of all children.
Changes made during the day will be recorded on a transportation change form and distributed to teachers at 2:45 p.m.
Mode of transportation for Kerens Elementary students should not change without written notification from the office.
KONA ICE November 15th @ KES