Kitchen and Safety
Kitchen Safety and First Aid
- With all cuts and scrapes you should wash with warm water and soap.
- With burns you should let it sit under lukewarm water. Using cold water can actually do more damage to the nerves than good.
- After getting all of your boo boos cleaned you should put some sort of antibacterial cream under a band aid.
- If the cut or other abrasion is too serious to deal with by yourself then you probably need to get to the doctor.
- If someone falls make sure that they are ok then safely help them up. Clean up the mess while following all safety rules.
- Be careful when you are helping someone up. You don't want to slip and fall so watch your step and be aware of your surroundings.
Safety and Foodborne Illness
- Foodborne illnesses are classified as Illness caused by food contaminated with bacteria, viruses, parasites, or toxins.
- Cross contamination is the presence of an unwanted constituent, contaminant or impurity in a material, physical body, natural environment, workplace, etc.
- When thawing food use these three safe ways.
- In the fridge
- The microwave
- In a bowl of cold water
- We use these techniques so that you stay safer and have less of a chance of getting sick from your food.