Teacher Tablet Guide
Everything You Need to Know!
- Students received a tablet, case, charger, earbuds, and stylus.
- Teachers received a tablet, case, charger, earbuds, stylus, and keyboard.
- Class sets (30) of keyboards can be checked out and kept in your room as long as you need them.
- Sets (4) of chargers will be checked out to every teacher. Students should not bring their chargers to school.
- School Codes to create an Edmodo account.
- Need help leading students in creating an account? View the video below.
- Always use the Chrome app and go to gcsnc.edmodo.com to access Edmodo.
- On the tablet be sure to select the "full website" version.
- Toggle to the desktop version by selecting the stacks (three buttons) on the top right and select "Request Desktop Site".
Help reinforce the proper troubleshooting steps. Students should be troubleshooting themselves using the poster before asking for help.
- Toggle Wifi
- Restart the tablet
- Ask permission to scan the Trouble Ticket QR using the QR Driod App, and submit a ticket. Someone will be by to get the tablet as soon as possible.
Amplify Support on the tablet can be used when students are at home.
Tablet Schoolbase Ticket System
We have a temporary ticket system for submitting tablet problems. This system is not permanent, but for now we will follow this procedure.
If a student brings a tablet into the media center they will be sent back. The following steps must be taken to fix tablet issues:
1. Student works through the troubleshooting poster
2. Student informs teacher of tablet issues
3. Teacher ensures student has worked through poster
4. Student submits ticket
5. Either Mrs. Bell Glenn, Mrs. Bauman, or the Amplify CTC will come to the classroom and pick up the tablet to fix
6. Once the tablet is fixed, it will be returned
QR codes for this system will be passed out soon. Please post near your other tablet posters.Thank you to those of you who have already been using the system.
Guide students to appropriate tablet care at all times. Things to keep an eye on:
Are students carrying the tablet with both hands?
Are students avoiding stacking their tablets?
Are students placing the tablet in appropriate places?
Put in a request to unblock websites using the app on your tablet, Unblock Websites!
Request an App!
OI File Manager
Keep yourself and your students organized by creating folders in the File Manager app for each class. Teach students how to create folders, rename documents, and move documents to the correct class folder.