October 14, 2019
Nominate an Outstanding Student for the Prudential Spirit of Community Award
- Students apply online at school level by November 5
- School names winner (and up to two runners up, depending upon school size) & principal submits winner by November 15. There are suggestions on ways to honor these students.
- State winners announced in February. National winners receive $1000 scholarships and a trip to Washington, D.C.
Grants are based upon
Enhancement of existing curriculum
Implementation of hands-on, inquiry-based STEM classroom activities
Do Your Students Understand What Plagiarism Is/Isn't?
The "Common Knowledge" strategy linked to this article can also be a useful lesson.
For Chrome Users...
You can also get this information via Kasey's podcast here.
Grants Available for School Libraries
Getting Physical with Math: The Flagway Game
IMLEA/AMLE Dual Institutional Membership Now Available. Save on Introductory Pricing
IMLEA and AMLE have teamed up to provide a collaborative membership for schools to bring you and your staff valuable tools and resources.
·To view a full list of benefits or to join: http://www.amle.org/portals/0/pdf/membership/dual/Indiana_School.pdf
NOTE: If you have already joined either organization, you will only pay the difference and still receive the introductory rate. You can still join either organization, but we feel the dual membership will reap even greater benefits. Questions? Contact Shirley Wright.
Highlights included in the Update that can be downloaded Below: Thank You for sharing these Updates with your staff.
· New Spotlight on Service-Learning Article - Service-Learning Has Class - In this article you will read how service-learning can be incorporated into your school day in many forms
· New Snapshots of Service-learning stories posted: Silver Creek H.S., Shelbyville M.S., Immanuel Lutheran School, John Simatovich Elem., New Palestine H.S., Castle North M.S., and Lowell M.S.
· LTG lessons and projects for National Disabilities Awareness Month and National Bullying Prevention Month
· LTG Lessons to help “Build a Caring and Inclusive Classroom”
· LTG TeachOne– “Words Bring Peace” and “calming kits” project
· generationOn Website October Theme – Diversity and Inclusion – Projects/Resources
· INSPIRE3 Mini-Grants available for 2019-2020 school year. Click here for requirements
· INSPIRE3 contact information for free on site PD or interest in area workshop
· Visit our INSPIRE3 page on the IASP website here
DOE Fall eLearning Book Club Continues, Shake Up Learning by Kasey Bell
October 14: Deadline to Submit Schools to Watch Application
October 14-18: 5th Annual #DigCitSummit Online (International)
October 15: Teachers First OK2Ask Webinar, "Facts are Facts.. Aren't They" 7-8:30 pm ET
October 17-18: Indiana Connected Educators Conference (ICE), Noblesville HS
October 21: DOE STEM and CS Curriculum Showcase, Conner Prairie
October 21: Corwin Webinar, "Building Behavior: How to Select and Implement Behavior Initiatives," 6:30 pm ET
*October 23: Champions Together Training, Lowell MS **Postponed
October 28: Corwin Webinar, "What's Deep about Deep Learning?" 6:30 pm ET
October 29: Champions Together Training, Brownsburg East MS, 9:30-11:30 am EDT
October 31: TechPoint STEM Grants Due
November 7-9: AMLE Annual Conference, Nashville, TN
November 12: Champions Together Training, Rochester MS, 9:30-11:30 am EDT