OCT. 30th, 2017 Pony News
On the Side of Hope!
Why are we becoming a No Excuses University Campus?
A Minute with the LASes...
AVP Top 5 - Continuation...
Last week we shared the most important things we need to remember when using the Academic Vocabulary Program. Since it's so important for our students to understand the concepts to be able to learn them and produce comprehensible output, this week we are connecting AVP with the SIOP Model. Also, we put together a menu of activities and games to use it after you have completed the steps 1, 2 and 3 with the students.
Please pick from the menu and let us know the best time for us to go and play with your class!
As mentioned, we will have our PLC this Monday.
The agenda & TEKS that will be covered are below.
- PLC agenda click HERE
- TEKS (Standard) that will discussed click HERE
PLC Rotations Schedule and Lesson Plan for instructional support 10-30-17 click here
Thank you for your time, flexibility and willingness to dive deep into standards.
No Tardy Taters Awards
Congratulations to our No Tardy Taters Award recipients. :-)
3rd...Ms. Lopez...#1 on 10/27
4th...Ms. Varona...#1 on 10/3, + #2 on 10/19
5th...Huerta...#1 on 10/26
Remember, when you complete your Mr. Potato Head with no tardies for ten days, your class receives a certificate and a treat. Simply email Mrs. Oden to let her know your class has earned their award. :-)
I just finished going through all of the paper work for those interested in clubs. I created a spreadsheet with the names of the students, grade level, contact information, and mode of transportation. Click HERE to view the spreadsheet. I will print a copy for each of you toward the end of the week and place it in your mailbox.
We have a few clubs that still have open slots, if forms are received in the next few days I will add those students.
If any students are unable to attend, let me know. I numbered each form in the order received and will have them on file in my office, so I will be able to tell you who is next in line to take their place.
Also, if you have not done so already, please email me with the location of your club so that I can include it in my documents. I have the locations for the following clubs:
- Knitting Club
- Origami Club
- Volleyball Club
- Broadway Club
Thank you again for giving of your time and talents and providing this enrichment activity for our wonderful students!
You are much appreciated!
Please click here to access the schedule.
FOOD DRIVE THIS WEEK!
The food will be picked up on Tuesday, November 7th, so we only have one week to collect! Please contact Mrs. Norton, Counselor, if you have any questions!
Student of the Month!
Kindness and Compassion are our focus character traits for November.
Teachers are asked to please use this link to nominate your students for November. Please complete your nominations by November 3rd.
NO EXCUSES RALLY
Since we changed PLCs to Monday for this week and we need to conduct a Fire Drill there will not be a rally this week.
Please practice grade level chants.
Look at Ms. Hamilton's students learning their TCU chant!
What is Happening at our school for the next week?
Click here to see the school google calendar. Thank you Mrs. Kitchen for keeping our calendar up to date.
*************Click here to see the testing calendar for the year.
Monday October the 30th
- Science ACT
- Family Resource Night 6-7pm
- Parent Conferences continue
GRADES DUE at 4 pm 1st 9 wk. Report Cards
Tuesday October 31st
Book Character Dress-up Day “My Character Counts! I’m Bully and Drug Free!”
Inst. Tech. ACT
Wednesday November 1st
All Level Team Meetings
Innovation & Integration Committee PLC at 3:15
- Inst. Tech. ACT
Friday October 27th
*3rd @ 8:15
*2nd @ 9:00
*4th @ 1:40
*5th @ 2:10
- Parent Conferences DEADLINE*
- Spirit Day
Staff Shout Outs
- Bernal thanks for remembering us during your training.
- Ms. Paris for being such an awesome partner.
- Ms. Marla Rodríguez for all your support to the first grade "newbies."
- The First Grade Team for always being there for each other; being true team players.
- Ms. Mullikin for helping me with my iPad.
- Ms. Medlock for working with my students on their handwriting with letter formation.
- Kim Kilam - for keeping her team on track and organized with our goal.
- ALL 1ST GRADE TEAM Members! For doing what is best for students!
- Vicki Butler for buying llama buttons for the first grade team!
- Ms. Speer for translating parent conferences. Thank you!
- Ms. Satterla for reminding her team of upcoming events and important information.
- Ms. Kilam for always going above and beyond for her students.
- Wanda Oden for working so hard on the PLC Rotations Schedule and Lesson Plan.
- Araceli Hernandez for being an advocate for all students.
Click here to submit your shout Out.
HAPPY NOVEMBER BIRTHDAYS!
Ramona Holder Nov. 1st
Beth Hayes Nov. 7th
Marcine Simpson Nov. 10th
Catherine McIntosh Nov. 12th
Teresa Sayers Nov. 14th
Ernestina Wier Nov. 24th
Elizabeth Varona Nov. 27th