Asa Packer News
Asa Packer News
Please see below for this week's news.
Bethlehem Halloween Parade - Come Walk With Us! - Parade Information
Thank you for the great response to walk with us in the Bethlehem Halloween Parade on Sunday, October 30th. A parent/guardian must attend. There is no transportation back to 15th Avenue once the parade has finished
For anyone still interested, you may still join us. We are in Division 1. Please see below for additional information
DIVISION 1 MARCHERS form on 15th. Avenue, South of Broad Street
Please report to the above location by 1:30pm. The Police Department and Traffic Bureau will be closing the roads at 1pm, so if you decide to come by earlier, please make sure it is after 1pm. There is limited parking on the side streets. There will be parking at the end of the parade route at the lot on Main and Lehigh Sts. as well as the lot under the Main St. ramp.
From Our Student Lighthouse Team
From The PTA
1. PTA wants to thank all of the Room Parents and Party Helpers that have been busy planning wonderful activities for our Fall Party today! Also, thanks to everyone who donated to the fun!
2. Another thank you to all those that donated gift cards and experiences for our Walk-A-Thon raffle prizes. This past Monday all the prizes were handed out. There were 28 raffle prize winners and all students who raised $25 or more received a glow in the dark stress ball. We appreciate all the support!
3. An Assembly sponsored by the PTA will take place this Monday 31st. Jesse Ruben, with the WE CAN Project, will be here to inspire them to make a difference in their lives, their communities, and in the world. Ask them all about it! https://www.wecanwecanwecan.com/
4. Grant researchers and grant writers are needed for Playground Equipment and Outdoor Learning Space
5. Pierogi Fundraiser has begun!
- Online orders only- no collecting money
- The grade with the highest $ sales gets extra RECESS with a special visit from ACE!
- Deadline to order is Friday, November 4th.
- For questions please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Friends and Family
- Text a picture to local friends
- Post a picture on social media for local friends
- YOU pick up at the school between 4:00 and 6:00 PM on Friday, December 2nd and distribute pierogi orders.
- Hand out (safely!) to people in the community (like on Halloween!)
- Be creative and leave flyers out and about
- THEY pick up their order at the school between 10:00 AM and 12:00 PM on Saturday, December 3rd
Leader in Me - Habit of the Month
November Lunch Menu
This Saturday is the Liberty vs Freedom football game. We are having a special fundraiser/raffle for the game and 2 lucky people will win either a weekly cup of coffee for a YEAR from Bitty & Beau's or a weekly ice cream cone for a YEAR from Hotel B with proceeds benefiting the United Way of the Greater Lehigh Valley and the Be a Housing Hero Campaign. Enter as many times as you like with a $5 donation. See the eNews for more details.
Our highlighted student this week is from Miller Heights Elementary School, staff member is from Farmersville Elementary School, and 2018 graduate of Freedom High School.
I hope you enjoy this edition of the BASD eNews from Dr. Roy.
COVID Reporting Tool For Parents
Parents need to complete the COVID google form. Parents can access the COVID google form on our BASD website and then click "The COVID REPORTING TOOL FOR PARENTS"
Once this COVID google form has been completed the district receives a notification. The district will treat that notification as a non-cummulative absence until the 5 day mandatory period is over or if not symptom free at that point, any additional days until they are symptom free and without a fever for 24 hours.
If the student case is not recorded through the Google Form, they are accountable to the procedures outlined in attendance policy #204.
- Cars are not allowed in the bus lane.
- You may park along Kenwood Drive or in designated parking spaces to walk your children to the door.
- Students and parents must use the crosswalks at all times.
- Do not leave your child(ren) unattended outside the school, before or after school hours.
- Follow posted signs. They will be enforced.
- No pets are allowed on school property.
Change in Dismissal
- Send in a written note for any dismissal changes.
- Any last minute dismissal changes after school begins must be communicated to Mrs. Cressman in the office (610-865-0660).
- Do not email or Dojo dismissal changes after 9 a.m.
- If a change occurs during/close to dismissal time, please enter the office to meet your student. Students will not be dismissed verbally at any dismissal door.
Any questions pertaining to transportation should be directed to that particular office. Information regarding district transportation for the 2022-2023 school year will be mailed to your home directly from the Transportation Office shortly. The Transportation Department can be reached at 610-861-0360.
2022 - 2023 School District Calendar
We Are a ClassDojo School!
- Teachers will communicate to guardians about their “Quiet hours” procedures.
- Teachers will respond to emails/messages within 24 hours during the work week.
- Weekend/holiday messages will be responded to by the end of the next school day.