2015 Year in Review
Sports and Entertainment Marketing, Period 7
Three Companies that Marketed their Companies the Best
1. Apple has marketed themselves very well this year, releasing the all new apple watch that attracted a large number of consumers on top of the consumers already familiar with Apple. They also came out with new iPhone 6s and 6s Plus. They continuously out new products that keeps them ahead of other companies.
2. Sony has also done a very good job of marketing themselves in 2015. With the recent release of the very popular PlayStation 4, the whole world was watching them, waiting for the release of next-gen games. They were able to successfully do so while also endorsing the PS4 through bundles.
3. Geico has also had a very successful year in marketing along with the other two companies. You can't go through a television show without seeing at least one ad about Geico and they are able to bring people in through sharp and clever humor in those ads.
2 of the best products and 2 of the worst
1. iPhone 6
1. 4k 3-D Team
2. Sony Walkman
Top Two Movies of the Year
1. Star Wars continued one of the greatest sagas in movie history and did so in a way that attracted the largest amount of people. The marketers used the large cultural following to their advantage by reeling people in with mysterious and vague trailers because they knew people would come see Star Wars no matter what.
2. Mad Max was also able to successfully continue one of the greatest action series of all time. With trailers that didn't give up too much plot, it made many Mad Max fans interested, especially because the last movie came out about 30 years ago. Also, the movie is filled with amazing practical effects in a world filled with movies with CGI.
Top Two Music Artists of 2015
2. Kendrick Lamar is an up and coming rapper who has many times been described as the modern day Tupac. He has already gained a large following with the release of his album, good kid, m.a.a.d city, and is now increasing that number with his masterful new album. In an industry full of hard beats and weak lyricism, Kendrick stands out by mixing classic hip hop beats with different forms of jazz so that it appeals to many more people.
Top 10 Movies of 2015
2. Mad Max: Fury Road
3. The Martian
4. Straight Outta Compton
New Year's Resolutions
2. Strive to earn all A's (School)
3. Work out more (Personal Improvement)
4. Try and spend more time with my parents (Family and friends)