Resources for Directed Study beginning October 19th.
What Should We Post About?
- Upcoming school events
- School spirit
- What students are learning in class
- Anything that is positive and not oversharing
- Use other hashtag ideas:
#CelebrateMonday = Post about something you're celebrating or excited about
#tbt = Throwback Thursday, Post some kind of flashback/memory
#FlyHighFriday = Post something awesome/positive to finish the week
Need More Posting Ideas?
What Do I Do?
- Show the video below to your directed study class.
- Post on social media from now until November 24th using the #PHSFootprint hashtag.
- Students and teachers can use any social media platform (Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Instagram, etc.).
- Anyone who does not currently use social media may want to choose Google Plus as you already have access through your school email account (directions below).
- Entries may be text only or include photos.
- All entries must include the #PHSFootprint to be counted
- Remember, the goal is to fill social media with POSITIVE examples of sharing on social media.
- Prizes will be awarded for posts with the most Tiger pride, most creative image, most interactions (shares, likes, retweets, etc.), and so on.
- Start posting!
Student/Teacher Social Media Challenge!
Directions for Posting to Google+
Additional Information & Resources
What is a Digital Footprint?
On the Internet a digital footprint is the word used to describe the trail, traces or "footprints" that people leave online. This is information transmitted online, such as forum registration, e-mails and attachments, uploading videos or digital images, social media posts, and any other form of transmission of information — all of which leaves traces of personal information about yourself available to others online.
You may not realize this, but each time you log on to the Internet, use your cell phone, or do anything digitally you are leaving a digital trail.
- What are examples of people sharing in a rewarding way?
- What things can you do to minimize oversharing?
- How can you create your own positive digital footprint.