AHES Panther News
2021 Connection: August 27, 2021
Anaheim Hills Elementary School
Thank you for joining us for our virtual back-to-school night this week. We enjoyed connecting with you virtually. I encourage you to join our PTA and consider running for a parent seat on our school site council. We love working with our families on projects and practices that will benefit our students. Please see this week's updates below.
Nicole Van Wilgen Moore
Mark Your Calendars
- August 31st - School Fire Drill
- September 2nd - Picture Day
- September 9th - School Earthquake Drill
- September 16th - PTA @ TBD
- September 27th - School Make-up Pictures
- September 28th - PTA Reflections Submissions Due
- 2021-2022 District Student Calendar
Meet Mrs. Keiser - AHES New Mental Health Counselor
In addition, she can speak Farsi, Hindi, Urdu and understands Spanish. Mrs. Keiser has worked in public education for sixteen years as a teacher and counselor. She has taught fourth grade at the elementary level and various subjects in sixth, seventh and eighth grade at the middle school level. Mrs. Keiser has been a counselor at the elementary, middle and high school levels throughout Orange County. She is passionate about supporting students with their social and emotional needs and she is dedicated to assisting all students to have a successful school year.
When not working, Mrs. Keiser is spending time with her daughter. She and her family love to go to Disneyland! Please feel free to contact Mrs. Keiser through email at firstname.lastname@example.org or voicemail at (714) 628-5889 with any questions.
How do I know when my child can return to school?
Join Our School Site Council!
Anaheim Hills Elementary School is in the process of electing members to the School Site Council (SCC) for the 2021-2022 school year. The SSC is required for schools receiving categorical funds. These funds are used to supplement the regular school program. The purpose of the SSC is to develop and approve the Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA); which is a comprehensive plan designed to improve the effectiveness of the school program. In order to accomplish this task, the SSC meets a minimum of four times a year to assess student needs, develop and approve the SPSA including categorical budgets, and monitor its implementation.
Members of the SSC include the principal, classroom teachers, other staff members, and parents. Members of the SSC are elected by their peers. Therefore, parents are elected by parents. Three parents are needed this year. One parent must be a parent of an English Language Learner. A member serves for two years.
If you are interested in being a member of the SSC, please fill out this nomination form no later than Wednesday, September 1, 2021. After all nominations are in, an electronic ballot will be sent via email for all parents to be able to vote. The three parents with the highest number of votes will serve on the SSC.
Reminder On Arrival/Dismissal Procedures
We need your help in making our arrival and dismissal safer and quicker. We encourage car pick up @ dismissal if possible.
- For those driving, please remain in your cars as you drop your children off.
- For those walking, please do not pass the walking zone.
- Only children attending AHES are allowed on the sidewalks in front of the AHES campus.
- Please drop off your children at the oldest child's drop-off time.
- Please arrive at your oldest child's pick-up time. Do not arrive prior to that time. Remind your oldest child to stand with your youngest, so you have one pick-up.
- If you are here early, we will ask you to exit and rejoin the parking lot line.
- Please make sure to display your child's car tag in your car (with the child's first and last name, and the teacher's last name).
- Continue to move along the parking lot line along the curb, do not stop until there is no more space in front of you to stop. We will get your child to you no matter where you end up in the line.
- If you are a walking family, please help us by having your child's sign with you. As well as notifying your child which walking gate you will be at so they know ahead of time.
Picture Day Rescheduled - September 2nd
School Name: Anaheim Hills Elem School
Picture Day Date: Thursday, September 2
Picture Day ID: EVTVCCQPH
Important Information: Thursday September 02, 2021
AHES Recognized as a Common Sense School by Common Sense Education
AHES has been recognized again as a Common Sense School by Common Sense Education!
AHES has demonstrated its commitment to taking a whole-community
approach to preparing its students to think critically and use technology responsibly to
learn, create, and participate while preparing them for the perils that exist in the online
realm, such as plagiarism, loss of privacy, and cyberbullying. With the right support, kids
can take ownership of their digital lives, engage with real issues, and change their
communities for the better. The recognition acknowledges our school's commitment to
creating a culture of digital citizenship.
Join Our Panthers Counseling Center
OUSD 1:1 Handbook
You can find the OUSD 1:1 Handbook Here. This includes information on procedures and fines.
Orange Unified School District (OrangeUSD) does not offer a district insurance plan and is not affiliated with an insurance company. If families are interested in getting their student's device covered, they can work with the companies listed below that provide discount rates for the OrangeUSD community.
Insurance Companies usually do not cover the following (California Education Code 48904):
Theft or loss of the device outside of the school campus.
Malicious damage under any circumstances.
You can find insurance options on our 1:1 website.
AHES PTA Information
OUSD Superintendent Communication
Reminders - Please Review
DOCUMENTS NEEDED ON FILE
Both forms can be downloaded below, and then turned into your child's teacher.
COVID-19 UPDATES & GUIDANCE
- Students and staff will be required to wear masks indoors.
- Students and staff will be permitted to remove their masks outdoors.
- Physical distancing requirements are no longer in place.
- Desks/tables inside the classroom may be closer than 3 feet.
- Designated seating charts by class will be implemented outside at the lunch tables.
- Individual desk/table guards will be removed from the classroom.
Additional information and updates will be provided as the information and guidance become available.
COVID-19 STUDENT TESTING
The District is pleased to begin offering all students COVID-19 testing weekly to all interested. The next student COVID-19 testing event is scheduled for August 18th at the District Office located 1401 N. Handy St. Orange, CA 92867.
All students are strongly urged to participate in the District COVID-19 testing program. This type of surveillance testing program is recommended by the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) to mitigate spread of COVID-19 in the school community. The OUSD COVID-19 Testing Program is intended to continue maximizing the good health and safety of our school community.
General information for the student testing event is below and further details can be found on the attached flyer. Students are encouraged to make an appointment between 2:30pm-5:00pm as to not interfere with instruction. Please keep in mind that when completing the online form to make an appointment, all required fields must be completed to take advantage of this testing opportunity. It is also important that accurate insurance information is provided if applicable. All minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
To complete the medical survey and schedule an appointment for August 18th at the District Office: Click Here
The schedule for the next event is below:
- September 1, 2021 (2:30pm-5:00pm) at the District Office
Participation in testing events is for District students only and is voluntary. As a District approved provider, Living Fit Nation will work with the District to verify the eligibility of participants prior to the event. This partnership, as part of the OUSD students COVID-19 Testing Program, will further strengthen the health and safety measures established in the Safety and Health-Driven School Reopening Plan.