Lakefield Christadelphian Bible School
With God’s blessing, the Lakefield Christadelphian Bible School will be held Monday night August 21st through to Saturday noon, August 26th, 2017 at Lakefield College School in Peterborough, Ontario. (see pictures on www.lcs.on.ca ). Lakefield College School is situated in a beautiful campus location that provides a very pleasant and comfortable setting for Bible School.
PLEASE SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE FOR INFORMATION ABOUT REGISTRATION.
A week of engaging activities focused on God's Word:
- Daily Family Bible Readings - Each day begins with an introduction to each of the daily Bible readings and discussion. Bible readings quizzes are available for the children.
- Young Adult Classes - This program focuses on the challenges that our young people face today with practical strategies from God's word.
- Adult Classes - Rich analysis and thought provoking presentations designed to provide us with spiritual nourishment and opportunity to reflect.
- Children's Program - two one hour classes, including crafts and bible focused lessons. A snack is provided between classes.
- Evening Classes - Appropriate for all age groups, this program provides consideration of topics including: Ecclesial Life around the world, Outreach and Bible Prophecy. One of the Evening classes is a Musical praise presentation.
- Choral Program - Choirs for children ages 5-12, teens age 13-18 and adults.
- An Extensive Sports & Leisure Program - Provided in the afternoon and evening, organized sports including volleyball, basketball, football, tennis and floor hockey and much more! Refer to the complete facilities list below to see what other options will be provided!
- Social Time & Community Building: Organized events such as evening socials, teen devotionals, musical praise and the Mary & Martha tea are examples of elements that are incorporated to encourage communication and friendship building.
- Community Meals - Whole group community meals in a private dining room.
Residence & Classroom
- Most units are situated in two floor residence dorms with shared bathrooms.
- Each room has at least 2 single beds. There are rooms with 4 beds for very young families. Teens age 12+ will room with peers but be in the same building as their parent/guardian.
- A common room equipped with a comfortable seating area is provided in each residence.
- Meals will be served in a private dining hall with buffet style meals.
- There is a beautiful sun filled chapel for group meetings and adult classes.
- There are modern well-equipped classrooms and a theatre for children's and teen's classes.
- Full Gymnasium with equipment
- Canoeing (lifejackets provided)
- Lake swimming
- Tennis Courts
- Outdoor Basketball Court
- Ropes Course (Set hours with an instructor)
- Climbing Wall (Set hours with an instructor)
- Beach Volleyball
- Trail Walks
- Large Outdoor Fields
- Outdoor Hockey Rink with Nighttime Lighting
If you would like to learn more about the Lakefield facilities, please visit their youtube channel at this link.
To register for the Bible School, please use the form shown below.
The rates are kept very low to make the school more accessible to everyone - particularly to families with children age 18 and under. Our rates do not cover the actual costs of running the school, so if you are able, please consider making an additional donation to the school. Individuals who make a donation of $25 or greater will receive a charitable receipt.
Plan ahead and save for Bible School by budgeting!! If you plan to attend LCBS 2016 decide how much you can save per week and begin saving when you register for Bible School. Some save a “toonie” per day to pay for their tuition – others save a certain amount per week. Alternatively, if you begin your saving plan in May, 2016 figure out how much money you will need for tuition and divide that amount by the number of weeks until Bible School.
If you cannot afford the full tuition but can pay part of it contact Bruce or Barb Abel. There is financial assistance available for people who want to attend but need assistance with the full tuition cost. This may include seniors, students or those currently unemployed.
Deposit fees are required subsequent to registering online. Registration deposits due are as follows: $50 per person, or $100 per family.