June 9, 2021
Introducing Derek Larsen, Our New Principal
Dear Riverview families,
We are pleased to share with you that Derek Larsen has accepted the Principalship at Riverview Elementary School. Mr. Larsen is coming to our school from Arlington School District where he has served as Principal at Presidents Elementary School since 2015 and, prior to that as principal in the Kittitas and Othello School Districts.
In his own K-12 education years, he attended Riverview Elementary and graduated from Snohomish High School. The Larsen family has many ties to the Riverview and Snohomish communities. Collectively, 60 years of siblings have passed through Riverview Elementary School!
Mr. Larsen is a servant leader who values and enjoys the staff, students and parents where he serves. To quote one of his references, “The complexities of his position are no match for his compassion for all students.”
Principal Larsen is very excited to be joining the Riverview community on July 1.
Congratulations to Our 6th Grade Class!
Recognition dates and times:
- Mr. Wandler's remote students on June 11 @10:30 via zoom
- In-Person M/W Cohort Students on June 16 @ 10:00 a.m. - recognition ceremony will be recorded for families to watch later
- In-Person T/Th Cohort Students on June 17 @ 10:00 a.m. - recognition ceremony will be recorded for families to watch later
- 6th Grade Recognition for Remote Learners/10:30 a.m. on Zoom
- Technology Device Collection for M/W students
- 6th Grade Recognition for In-Person Learners in the M/W Cohort/10:00 a.m.
- Report cards go home with M/W Cohort Students
- Technology Device Collection for T/Th students
- 6th Grade Recognition for In-Person Learners in the T/Th Cohort/10:00 a.m.
- Report cards go home with T/Th Cohort Students
- Report Card Distribution & Technology Collection Drive-Through for Remote Students (and any extras)/10:00-2:00
- Talent Show (virtual) /8:45 a.m. on Zoom
- Last Day of School! Happy Summer!
Returning laptops and tablets
It is already the last week of May and we are starting to think about our end of year processes. One thing that is very different this year is our technology collection. If your student can access learning from home using a personal device OR your student will not be in attendance on June 18, we will gladly accept technology from your student on June 16th and June 17th. This means that when your child is at school, we will collect technology and technology related items directly from them during the school day. This includes: Tablet, tablet pen, laptop, laptop carrying case, device charger, unused headphones, hotspot, web cam, and any other district device.
Technology Collection Schedule:
- June 16-17th In building: IF students can access learning from home using a personal device OR they will not be in school on June 18.
- June 18 – 10:00 am -2:00 pm Drive Through collection for remote students and all remaining devices.
Registration for 2021-2022 is Open Now!
Purchase our 2021-2022 Yearbook
Our yearbook this year will not have the wonderful candid shots as in years past, but will include photos of every student and staff member who had their photo taken on picture day.
School bus driver/transportation open house - June 18
School Bus Driver/Transportation Open House
- 4605 Bickford Avenue in Snohomish
- Friday, June 18
- 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Come visit/tour our Transportation Office and see what driving a school bus is like!
- Click here to download the district’s school bus driver/transportation open house flier - June 18
- Hiring drivers for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Take a ride on a school bus with a district staff member!
- Computers available for applicants to fill out applications. District staff available to assist with the online application process.
- Paid training with a bonus for successful program completion.
- Obtain a CDL Class B endorsement.
- Pay scale $23.73-$28/hour
- Flexible hours … 20-40 hours/week available depending on availability.
- Bring a valid driver's license and resume.
- Snacks will be available.
- Click here to be redirected to the school district’s online application system.
Please visit/call our Transportation Office at 360-563-3525 with any questions about becoming a bus driver.
Safe Schools Alert
Introducing SafeSchools Alert - our district's tip reporting service. If you have information about a threat to our safety (threats, bullying, intimidation, harassment, weapons, drugs, and other safety concerns), do your part and report it! And remember, you can remain anonymous. You can report using any of the ways noted below. Links are also available on the district and school websites.
Easy ways to report
- Visit the website - https://snohomish-wa.safeschoolsalert.com/
- Email your tip to email@example.com
- Call to report your tip 360-217-0587
- Text your tip to 360-217-0587
For emergencies, please call 911.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Suicide prevention links and resources are also available at www.sno.wednet.edu/suicideprevention.
Important Dates for next school year!
- Wednesday, September 8, 2021 - First day of school
- Thursday, November 11, 2021 - Veterans Day
- Wednesday, November 24, 2021 - Half-day early release
- Thursday, November 25-Friday, November 26, 2021 - Thanksgiving Break
- Friday, December 17, 2021 - Half-day early release
- Monday, December 20-Friday, December 31, 2021 - Winter Break
- Monday, January 17, 2022 - Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Friday, February 18-Monday, February 21, 2022 - Mid-Winter Break
- Monday, April 4-Friday, April 8, 2022 - Spring Break
- Monday, May 30, 2022 - Memorial Day
Vaccine Requirements for Students
- A Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) printed from the Immunization Information System (IIS)
- A physical copy of the CIS form with a healthcare provider signature
- A physical copy of the CIS form with accompanying medical immunization records from a healthcare provider verified and signed by school staff
- A CIS printed from MyIR
The update to Chapter 246-105 WAC has three major focuses:
- It now requires medically verified immunization records for school and childcare entry.
- It clarifies conditional status in regard to school and child care immunization requirements and implementation.
- It changes the Tdap immunization requirement to 7th through 12th grades.
General immunization information
District device phone support - Call 360-563-3000
District Approved Community Fliers
- Bus driver/transportation open house - June 18
- Coding and Digital Art from Tech Kids Project
- Community College Transition Support for Seniors
- Crossview Free Tutoring For Students
- Cub Scout Pack 288 Rocket Launch - June 14
- Everett Rowing Association - Youth Summer Camps
- Foreign Language for Youth - Spanish, French, Mandarin and Japanese
- Girl Scouts Explore Troops and Join Today
- Girls on the Run
- Glacier Peak High School Youth Soccer Camp - June 22 and 23
- Let Me Run Summer Camp
- Mariners Grand Slam Baseball Camp
- MCJROTC Future Leaders Camp - June 12
- Panther Cub Soccer Camp - June 22 and June 23
- PAWS Teen Club
- Rental Assistance Volunteers of America
- Rotary for Youth YES Program
- SafeSchools Tip Line - Report It
- Sno-Isle Libraries Summer Reading Program - Starts June 21
- Snohomish Cooperative Preschool
- Snohomish High School Local Food Bank Fundraiser
- Snohomish Junior Cheer
- Taekwondo for Kids - June 2021
- Village Theatre Kidstage Spring Theatre Classes
- Who We Are - Snohomish for Equity June 26 Presentation
- Youth In Action Scholarship - Snohomish For Equity
- Venture Church VBS Vacation Bible School
Fliers are typically posted on Tuesdays during the months of August through June. For additional flier program details and/or to complete a request for distribution, please click here.
All area kids age 18 and younger are invited to join us at our Kids' Café summer breakfast and lunch program. The program is free, and there is no pre-registration or sign-up. Kids just need to show up and enjoy a great breakfast and/or lunch. Kids' Café is held Monday through Friday and runs from Tuesday, June 22, through Friday, August 27.
We offer meals at the following times and locations:
- Three Rivers Mobile Home Park - 11:15-11:30 a.m. Lunch (to-go breakfast will also be provided for the next day)
- Snohomish Boys and Girls Club -8:30-9 a.m. Breakfast and 11:50 a.m.-12:05 p.m. Lunch
- Snohomish Aquatic Center - 12:10-12:25 p.m. Lunch (to-go breakfast will also be provided for the next day)
- Circle H Mobile Home Park - 12:45-1 p.m. Lunch (to-go breakfast will also be provided for the next day)
- Snohomish Mobile Home Park on Avenue D - 11:20-11:40 a.m. Lunch (to-go breakfast will also be provided for the next day)
- Snohomish High School - 11:50 a.m.-12:05 p.m. Lunch (to-go breakfast will also be provided for the next day)
- Valley View Middle School - 12:20-12:35 p.m. Lunch (to-go breakfast will also be provided for the next day)
The Snohomish School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Civil Rights Coordinator, Title IX Coordinator and ADA, Darryl Pernat, 1601 Avenue D,, Snohomish, WA 98290, 360-563-7285 Section 504 Coordinator and Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying (HIB), Shawn Stevenson,1601 Avenue D, Snohomish, WA 98290 360-563-7314