Edison Middle Learning Center
Eagle Pride Newsletter
A Message from the Principal
We have had a fantastic first week of school. It is vital that everybody plays a part to accomplish the impossible. We have accomplished the impossible during our 1st week of school. Our challenge is staying the course, beating the odds, and sustaining a school that will serve as the model for the district. I want to take this moment to say thank you. This week I have witnessed students highly engaged in their lesson, teachers committed to ensuring students’ safety, and a drive from staff to accept nothing but excellence. Kudos to the absolute best staff in the district!
- AM/PM Duty Crew – thank you for ensuring the safety of children in the face of potential danger
- Ms. Hampton – dynamic instruction on the 1st week of school ;creation of our scholars into engineers through Robotics.
- Ms. Metz – dynamic instruction students are highly engaged and the teacher is the facilitator
- FLS TEAM– differentiated instruction 4 different ways to ensure our FLS instruction is rigorous and preparing students for optimum success
- Mrs. Jenkins – students so excited about Science after her highly engaging instruction. Students are requesting to have it EVERYDAY.
- Cafeteria Staff- for going over and beyond in meeting the expectations. They truly deserve a big round of applause for being AWESOME!
Earl Gilmore| Principal
Thomas A. Edison Middle Learning Center |Dallas ISD
First Week of School
House of the Week...ZIMEVARI!!
This week and upcoming at EMLC...
August 29, 2016- First HOUSE Monday 4:50-6:00 PM
Students will enter the auditorium and wait for House Staff to pick them up at 4:50. All HOUSE students and staff will report to their HOUSE Location for a fun, energetic, interactive lesson on character, team building and HOUSE Expectations.
August 30, 2016 @ 5:00 PM- House Guiding Counsel will judge the cafeteria corners for HOUSE Points.
September 2, 2016- Submit TAPS points to your HOUSE Leader. All points must be tallied and submitted to Ms. Sellers by 5:00 PM each Thursday.
September 5, 2016- Labor Day Holiday
September 6, 2016- 5:00 PM- Faculty Meeting
September 8, 2016- 5:30 PM- PTO Meeting