Columbia Heights Public Schools
CHPS Update | Jan. 5, 2023
Welcome Back from Winter Break!
Congrats to all of our Fall Season All-Conference Winners!
Open Gym for Today is Canceled!
Columbia Heights Super Fan Shirts for Sale as Fundraiser for NYC Study Seminar
CHPS Super Fan shirts are being sold for $15 by CHHS students at basketball games, swim meets and other events in the month of January. Online purchase is also available with shipping cost added at this link. This is a fundraiser for the NYC Study Seminar for our CHHS Band and AP Art Students.
Free Flu and COVID-19 Vaccines
Where: CHPS Family Center (1440 49th Ave. NE, Columbia Heights, 55421)
When: Thursday, January 19 from 4:30-7:00 p.m.
Bring your COVID Vaccination card if possible. You will not need your Health Insurance card or your ID.
$50 gift card for each COVID-19 Vaccine.
Winter 2023 Activity Calendars!
We have calendars available and would love to see them throughout our community, if you have a place where you’d like to hang one up, please contact the Activities Office to arrange a time to pick one up. The calendars are 18 x 26 inches.
Columbia Academy Presents: The Lion King Jr.
Online Tickets are now available for the CA production of “The Lion King Jr.”
Shows will be on February 23 and 25 at 7:00 p.m. and February 26 at 2:00 p.m.
Community Vaccination Resources
Many students are behind in their vaccinations and it is important that students are fully vaccinated for their safety and for the safety of others. Please see the resources below for free or low cost vaccinations:
Neighborhood Health Source: neighborhoodhealthsource.org
- Appointments: Call 612.588.9411
- Interpreters available
- Patient Access Coordinators (PACs) available to help navigate enrolling in healthcare
- If you don’t have health insurance, they offer a sliding fee discount. They also accept most major insurance plans.
- Central Clinic: 2301 Central Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55418
- Fremont Clinic: 3300 Fremont Ave N, Minneapolis, MN 55412
- North Metro Clinic: 10081 Dogwood St NW #100, Coon Rapids, MN 55448
- Sheridan Clinic: 342 13th Ave NE, Minneapolis, MN 55413
Park Nicollet Brooklyn Center: healthpartners.com/care/ everyday/kids-health/no-shots-no-school/
- Immunization-only appointments available for school-age children who need vaccinations to attend school.
- You don’t need to be an existing Health Partners patient to schedule a visit.
- Appointments can be scheduled online at the website above
- Need to bring the barrier-free immunization form
You are invited to our Winter 2023 Hylander Family Days!
Free Admission for students from Early Childhood Programs, Highland, North Park School for Innovation, Valley View, Columbia Academy and their families.
- Wrestling: Thursday, January 19 at 5:00 p.m. - CHHS Main Gym
- Boys Swim: Tuesday, January 24 at 5:30 p.m. - Door 47 to CHHS Pool
- Boys Basketball: Friday, February 3 at 7:00 p.m. - CHHS Main Gym
- Girls Basketball: Thursday, February 9 at 6:00 p.m. - CHHS Main Gym
- CA Musical: Sunday, February 26 at 2:00 p.m. - CHHS PAC
CHHS ENCORE Starting January 9, 2023!!!
Attention all students and families – new ENCORE programs at the high school start the week of January 9! Reserve your space today! We’re offering board game club, coding club, investing club, DiscoverU with the University of Minnesota, comix club, female fitness, and esports this session.
The link to register is here:
If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org
CH Recreation and Library Offerings
There are many wonderful activities for students through our CH Rec Dept and Library!
Please go to the CH Recreation website or call their office at 763-706-3730.
Click Here for the Columbia Heights Library Website.
Winter Activities Registration is OPEN for the following:
- Before School Strength Training- FREE! M, W, F from 6:45-7:45 am
- CA Boys Basketball - Season starts January 9 – registration will close on January 4th
CA Boys Basketball starts Monday, January 9th- all players must be registered. Student-athletes and their families who are registered will receive more info via email today. Game
If you are involved in any of the following please register now:
- Speech Team
- Science Bowl
- One Act
- CA Musical
CHHS Students can now get into all Regular-Season Home Events for FREE with their student ID!!
After-School Activity Bus: We have 2 After-School Activity Buses every afternoon, they leave CA @ 4:30 pm and 5:30 pm and CHHS @ 4:45 pm and 5:45 pm.
Sports Physical for all Athletics
Every athlete participating in school-year sports must have a physical on file with the Activities Office. Student-Athletes cannot register for the upcoming season without a sports physical on file. Sports physicals are valid for three years. 22-23 Sports Physical Form
More information can be found at the CHPS Activities Website or contact the Activities Office at 763-528-4511
Translation of Newsletters
Did You Know?
You can translate this newsletter, change the text size or view in high-contrast mode! Look for the Accessibility icon and click to view all your options!
¡Puedes traducir este boletín, cambiar el tamaño del texto o verlo en modo de alto contraste! Busque el icono de Accesibilidad y haga clic para ver todas sus opciones.
Waxaad turjumi kartaa warsidahaan, waxaad bedeli kartaa cabbirka qoraalka ama waxaad ku arki kartaa qaab isbarbar dhig sarreeya! Raadi astaanta Helitaanka oo guji si aad u aragto dhammaan xulashooyinkaaga!
هل كنت تعلم؟
يمكنك ترجمة هذه الرسالة الإخبارية أو تغيير حجم النص أو عرضها في وضع التباين العالي! ابحث عن رمز إمكانية الوصول وانقر لعرض جميع خياراتك!
Barruu oduu kana hiikuu, guddina barruu jijjiiruu ykn haala walfaallaa olaanaatiin ilaaluu dandeessa! Mallattoo Accessibility jedhu barbaadaatii filannoo keessan hunda ilaaluuf cuqaasaa!
Koj puas paub?
Koj tuaj yeem txhais cov ntawv xov xwm no, hloov cov ntawv loj lossis saib hauv hom sib txawv! Saib rau Accessibility icon thiab nyem rau saib tag nrho koj cov kev xaiv
Creating worlds of opportunity for each and every learning.
All Belong, All Succeed