Message from Mission Control
*Speaking of students being absent. Please make sure to call your students if they have been out more than 2 days. This is something that needs to be done by the teacher, not Christine. We had 32 kids out today. You can imagine how long it would take Christine to make all of those calls, when it would only take a few minutes for each teacher to call/email the 3 or 4 they have out. Thank you for your cooperation on this.
* Don't forget to give me your grade level feedback about literacy/math clubs. This week are ARE continuing with the final rotation from our first round. Liz Hatley will be here on Friday at 12:00, and she plans to visit classrooms and clubs during the time she's here. Please let me know if your students have something planned for her, and we would love to come visit. So far, Kindergarten is the only grade level to tell me they are planning something, and I'm hoping to have more!! Thanks!!
* Don't forget to send home the LiiNK letter/weather letter to all the new students who enroll. Make sure you add that to your "new student packet" so parents are aware about the guidelines of when we do and don't go outside.
* The students who sold 10 items in the Big Kahuna fundraiser will take the party bus to Cici's on Wednesday. If they do not return the permission form from their parents, they cannot attend.
* We will still have cake and punch in the lounge this Friday to wish Kelly Taylor well as she leaves us to head to Comanche to become their new counselor. Friday most likely will not be her last day, as we have to find a replacement for her before she officially leaves, but we want to go ahead and have the little reception, since the "final" date is unclear.
* Benchmarks are here. Make sure you familiarize yourself with the schedule, so you know if your daily schedule is altered at all. Also, all students who are taking the STAAR A online will be taking the released 2017 online test as their benchmark. Emily will be communicating this information to you. They will have a different answer document to be scanned in Aware, and the percentage will not show up in the same place the other tests will. But, this is the ONLY opportunity those students will have to see if they can sit for the 4 hour block and use the computer.
This year, we will be implementing our GE life principles during announcements, as well as having the opportunity for kids to respond using the white interactive papers in the hallway (formerly used for vocabulary).
Each life principle will be talked about during a 1 week period. You will be getting the schedule sent this week, and it will also be posted on the One Note staff portal. We will discuss on announcements, and students will have the opportunity to write (or draw) how they show this life principle. For example, the first one is self discipline. They can write on the paper how they show or can use self discipline. This will require thinking and application... so it brings in the higher levels. We will talk about the expectations of how this will be used on the announcements, so the students are familiar with what is acceptable.
Just as the vocabulary has been done in the past, the life principles will remain posted on the wall, so that the students can see them and refer back to them. The Elk of the Month will be chosen based on the life principles that have been discussed for the month. Each student chosen will not have to demonstrate ALL of the life principles, but one or more.
This week, our life principle is:
Patience- ability to wait calmly
DATES TO REMEMBER
Tuesday, January 23rd:
Wednesday, January 24th:
PTA party bus (Big Kahuna winners) to Cici's (TBA)
Friday, January 26th: Continue previous rotation (LAST ONE)
Liz Hatley on Campus- 12:00-2:40
Clubs (Follow Clubs Schedule)
Tuesday, January 30th:
Benchmarks: 4th Writing & 5th Math
Wednesday, January 31st:
Benchmarks: 5th Reading
Thursday, February 1st:
Kori off campus at meeting
School Counselor's Week
Monday, February 5th:
World's Finest Chocolate assembly @ 8:30
Thursday, February 8th:
Kori off campus at meeting
Friday, February 9th:
Dental Program-Creature Teacher (Kg-2) @ 8:30 in cafeteria
Valentine's Parties @ 1:50
Tuesday, February 13th:
Dr. Chadwell Presentation in Library @ 3:00