September Parent Connection News
New and exciting events added this year!
What is the Parent Connection?
The Parent Connection is a division of Bright Beginnings Christan Preschool Our goal is to provide support and enrichment opportunities to families.
Here are a few of the things that we do:
Table Talk– Educational and informal gatherings to discuss relevant topics facing today’s families. These will take place once a month on (usually) the third Tuesday of the month, with a few exceptions. Childcare is available. If you would like to dive deeper into the topic of discussion, we will be offering select studies taking place on Tuesdays at noon. Please RSVP to Becky Frost if you will be attending.
Childcare for parties and field trips - Let us know if you need childcare while you are volunteering for your preschooler's party or field trip.
Parents with a Purpose - Gather with fellow parents to make a difference! Whether it be stocking shelves at the Springboro Community Assistance Center, or making Valentines for Veterans. Let's work together to serve God in various ways in our community!
New baby welcome – A new child is a blessing and we love to celebrate that at Bright Beginnings.
Prayer requests – Matthew 18:20 ”For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.” Let us know how the Bright Beginnings family can pray for you.
Family Needs – Whether it’s a new baby, sickness, or any other life event, sometimes we all need a little extra help.
Upcoming events - Mark your calendars!
- September 19th - 12:00 p.m. Table Talk - In September's Table Talk we will be discussing the book by New York Times Best Selling author, Dr. Kevin Leman. Our topic will be "Have a New Kid by Friday", sounds too easy right? Childcare is available, please pack your kiddo a lunch, and we will be offering Jimmy Johns sandwich, chips and dessert for $5.00 for the adults. Please RSVP to Becky Frost if you will be attending. Please include your name, if you would like to join us for lunch, child's name and age, and if you are interested in the 4 week study. Enter a chance to win a copy of "Have a new kid by Friday" at our meeting! We hope to see you there!
- September 20th - October 11th - Can't make it to Table Talk during the day? We are offering an evening study in cooperation with First United Methodist Church's Wonderful Wednesday Program. "Have a New Kid by Friday" will be available Wednesday evenings from 6:30 pm - 8 p.m. Childcare is also available. The participant guide can be purchased for $8.00, please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- September 22 - 1pm - 3pm - Special Event - Rococo lettering with Miss Emily
- September 26, October 3, October 10 - Have a New Kid by Friday Study - $8.00 for participant guide
- October 2nd - Parents with a Purpose Mission to the SCAC 10 - 11am. Childcare is available. Please let us know if you can join us!
- October 17th - Table Talk - "Unglued"
- October 24, 31, and Nov. 7th - "Unglued" Study - In this 6 session course (we'll do it in 4 weeks) we will be discussing how to make wise choices in the midst of raw emotions. Know with confidence how to resolve conflict in your important relationships.
Recipe of the Month
EASY OVEN-BAKED TAQUITOS
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked (or 1 large can shredded chicken)
- 1 small onion
- 1 tspn minced garlic
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- ½ tspn chili powder
- 2 tblspn canola oil
- 1 cup shredded cheese, if desired
- Preheat oven to 425-degrees.
- Chop the onion into very small bits.
- In a small pan, place the onion, garlic, canola oil and chicken.
- Shred the chicken while you cook over medium heat until the onions are tender and translucent.
- Add salt, pepper and chili powder.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool to the touch.
- Place about 3 tblspns of meat in the center of the tortilla across the tortilla.
- Fold the tortilla in half over the meat, then roll tightly.
- Repeat with all 12 tortillas.
- Place taquitos in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Remove and allow to cool before you chow down in a fest of awesome.