The Falcon Monday Message
Week of May 9, 2016
2015-2016 Campus Big Goals
- Enhance quality instruction
- Create a positive, college centered, campus culture
- Support strong academic delivery through effective coaching and feedback
STAFF OF THE WEEK!!!!
Ms. Clark, Ms. Maria Garcia, Ms. Scully, Mr. DaSilva, and Mr. Lentz for the hard work reaching out to the community about the Spanish Immersion program!
Mr. Villegas, Mr. DaSilva, Mr. Perfecto, and all the wonderful teachers who led the amazing Pep Rally for STAAR on Friday! Thank you for making it such a fun event-- the video was wonderful!
ALL the 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade teachers who MADE IT! Great job for the hard work-- now it's up to our kids to take it forward! Remember: After the test is the time to get our kids ahead-- so let's finish through the finish line strong!
Mr. Alcala for ALL his help preparing testing documents
Ms. Clark who has been helping out in the upper grades by tutoring a group of 5th graders helping them get ready for their STAAR re-takes this week.
Everyone who has been faithfully here for after school tutoring and Saturday School helping struggling students get on a level battleground!!! Your hard work and long, tiresome hours are not in vain.
Mr. Villegas for coordinating a fantastic parade and pep rally to celebrate our students hard work in preparation for the STAAR.
Mr. Burak for putting together a very organized testing meeting so that we can all be informed and ready for testing next week.
PK Team for growth on the EOY CLI Assessment. Students have shown academic growth as well as Social/Emotional advancement.
To the Entire Kindergarten Team. The instructor for the City of Dallas Environmental Educational Initiative bragged on the students knowledge of the Science curriculum especially the Water Cycle.
UPCOMING CALENDAR EVENTS
- Mr. Hall will make announcements solo all week. Be sure to listen up for any testing announcements!!!!
- Summatives: Group B,C
- Math STAAR Monday (3rd-5th Math)
- Reading STAAR Tuesday (3rd-5th)
- LPAC Meeting Tuesday at 3:20pm in the Library
- Science STAAR Wednesday (5th Grade)
- STAAR Make-Ups Thursday
- Ms. Brown's Baby Shower Thursday at 3:20pm in the Library
- GC Meeting Friday at 7:15am in the Library
- Progress Report Grades due Friday at 12:00pm
- SLOs due in SchoolNet by Friday COB
- City of Dallas Environmental Educational Initiative on May 12th & 13th (Second Grade)
- STAAR Week is here! 3rd, 4th, and 5th Grade Teachers: Build your students up and let them know how much you believe in them! PK, K, 1st, and 2nd grade Teachers: ACPs are just around the corner! Get your kids ahead on next years TEKS-- the upper grade teachers will appreciate that! Remember: KEEP CALM & FINISH STRONG! Let's make 85/+10 a reality!
- Remember: SLOs due THIS FRIDAY to SchoolNet. If you have questions regarding how to submit, see your TEI Evaluator.
- Add to your calendar:
*GC Meeting this Friday in Library from 7:15 am to 7:40 a.m.
*End of Year Feedback Party for 2016-2017 Foster Action Plan (Jeans pass for attending! All teachers/staff invited): Tuesday, May 24th from 3:30-4:30 in Library.
*PTA Elections 5/16 from 5:00 to 6:00 (jeans pass for attending!)
Jeans all week this week to celebrate the incredible hard work to prepare for testing!
- SLOs are due in SchoolNet May 13th (Friday). Please reach out to your coaches if you have questions or need help with this. Don't wait until the last minute.
- Progress Report Grades are due in GradeSpeed Friday by Noon!!!!