WRJH Raider News
Back to School 2014
Our school day this year is 9:20 - 3:50
Welcome to the 2014-2015 School Year!
As the last few days of summer break come to an end, there are many great things to look forward to at WRJHS! This Back to School email contains important information to get the year started. Our school is dedicated to caring about students and providing a school climate that fits the needs of every student. We look forward to working with your family this year and we hope to see you at the upcoming Meet the Teacher night!
Frequent communication between home and school is critical during these middle years. I encourage you to connect with your child’s teacher anytime throughout the year with questions or concerns. I am always available to speak with you as well. Consider my door open. Your child’s well-being is our primary concern and we will do all that we can to help them have a successful experience at Waggoner Road Junior High.
All the best,
Meet the Teacher Open House
Open House will be held on Monday, August 11 from 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Please arrive at your convenience during this time. Please park in the East Parking Lot (lot closest to the football field) as Waggoner Road Middle School will also be hosting their Open House at this time. Stations will be set-up in the gym and cafeteria to return the enclosed forms and to pick up your student’s schedule. We encourage you to tour the building and meet your student’s teachers. Feel free to bring in any locker supplies to set up lockers on this night before the rush of the first day.
The following forms are being mailed home. Please complete them and return at Open House:
- Emergency Medical Authorization (EMA) Form: This form must be updated annually and must be turned in at Open House in order to receive a schedule. Please be sure to fill out all sections.
- Computer and Technology Acceptable Use Policy: Read through this policy taking note of the Personal Technology Tools. Last page needs signed and returned.
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Policy: Complete and return if your student will be using their own device at school.
- Picture Order Form: All students will be photographed, purchase of packets is optional.
- Free and Reduced Lunch Application Form: Families that are eligible for free and reduced lunch assistance are encouraged to submit these applications.
All new students and families to WRJH are invited to attend the New Family Orientation immediately following Meet the Teacher Night on Monday, August 11 at 7:00pm in the cafeteria.
We will have a staggered start in order to allow students to transition smoothly into the new school year.
- ONLY 6th and 7th Grade students will attend school on Wednesday, August 13
- ONLY 5th and 8th Grade students will attend school on Thursday, August 14
ALL WRJH students will report to school on Friday, August 15
Students must adhere to Raider Wear beginning on their first day of school.
School and ID Pictures
We will have two options to have school pictures taken this year:
- During Meet the Teacher Open House: Students can have their picture taken this night in an outfit of their choice.
- During the Staggered Start Days: Students can have their picture taken during the staggered start days. Students who choose this option will need to be in Dress Code.
All students will be photographed for their school ID.
Please return the included order form to the photographer on the day of pictures if you wish to purchase a picture package. Checks should be made payable to Lifetouch.
Tuesday, Aug. 26th 2014 at 6-7:30pm
360 S Waggoner Rd
Mark your calendars for Tuesday, August 26 from 6:00 - 7:30 pm for the Team/Curriculum Night. You will have a chance to hear from your child’s teachers about the goals and expectations for his/her team and grade level.
RSVPs are enabled for this event.