St. John-Emmanuel Lutheran School
Week of February 4, 2019
"Sharing Christ Through Academic Excellence"
18-19 Theme Verse: "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble" Psalm 46:1
Calendar Items of Note
Feb 4- Talent show 1pm to 2pm
Feb 5- regular school day now
Feb 6- rescheduled Active shooter meeting plus anything else needed)
Feb 15- makeup day for Nov 15th via e-learning
Feb 18- Presidents Day- Parent Drive Day (make up for Jan 23)
Feb 27- ILEARN meeting @ Flatrock
Feb 28- teacher evals due
1) Monday- Talent Show as planned
2) Wednesday-Baptismal Remembrance chapel with ALL K-8 kids at Flatrock with service project with buddies afterwards.
3) Friday- Decades Dress Day
1) Alicia sent to the TLSP Times newsletter today and it contains the link to register for the Feb15th PD day. The link is also here: https://goo.gl/AT3uNz and below. Make sure to get registered.
2) All comments for both handbooks and 19-20 calendar were due Thursday, Jan 31st. Final date is Feb 6th after staff meeting.
3) Church attendance for Jan 20th will not be counted due to weather.
4) The last day of school is now May 30th with all days being parent drive days.
5) January Baptismal birthdays will be celebrated this Wednesday (Feb 6th) at the rescheduled Baptismal Remembrance chapel
Maybe during that week, a class or classes could have a kindness project to do as a whole class as well to reinforce the lessons? I'll do a check in to see how planning is progressing at Wednesday staff meeting.
ECE Open House
Folks it is key that we do all we can to get behind these events and support them. At a minimum, we need to maintain current enrollment numbers and at best we need to grow. If not, cuts will need to happen. We are at the break even point with enrollment and needed faculty and staff. Please do all you can to help.