St. Mary Catholic Schools News
August 18, 2021
The St. Mary Catholic Schools (SMCS) 2021-22 school year is nearly here!
Zephyrs student-athletes are back on campus for practice and fall sports. All SMCS teachers and staff return this week for onboarding, classroom preparation, and staff development. SMCS Superintendent Dan McKenna highlights campus happenings, Zephyrs Connect and other upcoming events, and back-to-school information in this week's video message and in the email below.
All SMCS families received communication/emails from their campus principals this month regarding important back-to-school information, forms, etc. Below are a few resources as you continue to prepare and plan for the upcoming school year:
Important Dates & Upcoming Events
Zephyrs Connect 2021
All are invited to Zephyrs Connect 2021! This community run/walk event features a 5K run/walk, games, food, entertainment, and the first Zephyrs Varsity Football home game of the season! Funds raised will support SMCS Athletics, Booster Club, Fine Arts, and STEM co-curriculars, as well as SMCS's five supporting parishes: St. Gabriel, St. John, St. Margaret Mary, St. Mary, and St. Patrick.
Early registration discount and deadline is August 18. Click here to register.
All Aboard 2021
One Event * One Night * Creating Community * Igniting Giving
Join the Zephyrs community for an incredible and fun casual evening of drinks, delicious food, live entertainment, and exciting auctions and raffles to ignite giving for all three SMCS elementary schools and the middle school.
Check out more details, sponsor, and register to attend here.
Community Blood Drive, hosted at SMCS
Scrip credits continue to be applied to tuition accounts quarterly. To align the quarters with the calendar year, the next credit will be applied in October and will include credits earned in June, July, August, and September. Credits will be applied every three months going forward.
Not using Scrip? SMCS offers the Scrip fundraising benefit to SMCS families. Enroll and start earning Scrip credit toward tuition and fees.
Paid in full? Start using Scrip toward future fees! There is no limit to the amount you can earn.
With Scrip, you purchase gift cards for your favorite retailers at face value through shopwithscrip.com or via the Raise Right app on your mobile device. The retailers give specified rebates back to SMCS, and 80% of those rebates are directed to family tuition accounts, school programs, or our participating parishes. The remaining 20% is shared with the participating parishes and is used as an SMCS fundraiser for tuition assistance. (For example, if you buy a $100 Kwik Trip card at 5%, the rebate to SMCS is $5.00. You get a $100 Kwik Trip gift card and earn $4.00 credit toward tuition.)
Many families earn over $500 each year, so set up a Scrip account and start earning!
1. Create your online Scrip account here and search participating retailers here:
or via the Raise Right app. Enrollment code: Call 967-0021 or 215-7442 or 722-7796 for code.
2. Set up your payment type. Log in to shopwithscrip.com, go to Dashboard, then Payment Types, and authorize online payments from your bank account for fast and convenient checkout every time. Credit cards are now accepted at checkout for a small fee.
3. Fill out the Scrip User Agreement here and return it to your school office or scan/email to firstname.lastname@example.org in the Business Office. This tells us where you want your cards delivered and where you want the credits to go.
4. DOWNLOAD the RAISE RIGHT app for faster ordering, even without Wifi.
6. Place your first order online or on the app! Place your orders by Monday at 9 a.m. to have your physical cards delivered to your selected location by noon on Thursdays. Electronic gift cards and reloads will be available for immediate use if paid using an online payment option.
Zephyrs Spirit Stop
Zephyrs Apparel For Sale
The Diocese of Green Bay and Bishop David Ricken reinstated the Sunday Mass obligation, effective August 15, 2021. Our five Neenah-Menasha parishes -- St. Gabriel, St. Margaret Mary, St. Mary/St. John, and St. Patrick -- offer many Mass times every weekend to gather, worship, celebrate, and receive the Eucharist together.
Neenah-Menasha Catholic Community Weekend Masses
St. Gabriel, Neenah
Saturday - 4:30 p.m.
Sunday - 8 a.m., 10 a.m., 6:30 p.m.
St. Margaret Mary, Neenah
Saturday - 5 p.m.
Sunday - 7:30 a.m., 9:30 a.m.
St. Mary and St. John the Baptist, Menasha
Saturday - 4 p.m. (St. John), 5:30 p.m. (St. Mary)
Sunday - 9 a.m. (St. John), 10:30 a.m. (St. Mary)
St. Patrick, Menasha
Sunday - 8:30 a.m., 10:30 a.m.
Additional diocesan Mass times may be searched here.
St. Mary Catholic Schools is preparing and inspiring students to lead meaningful lives, rooted in the teachings of Christ in our Catholic tradition.